[Music] Metal Thread

Discovered H.E.A.T. this past Tuesday from a post in another Discord.

This song is from 2020, but it's so 80's it sounds like it should be in the soundtrack of a movie where Jean-Claude Van Damme and James Belushi have to go on a road trip to recruit Louis Gossett Jr. and Michael Dudikoff to form the ultimate Judas Priest cover band. I mean, listen to this stuff:

It’s so 80’s that it sounds like it could easily be the theme for a late 90’s anime series.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I heard that one, yeah. Too much nu-metal for my taste, but that dude rocking out over the cylindrical drum (don't know the name and don't want to offend anyone) is on FIRE. Best part of the vid.

Damn, Brittney Slayes has one of the best voices in metal, I swear...

That was my first exposure to Star One, I only knew Arjen Lucassen from his other project, Ayreon. Gonna check that out for sure.

Star One is basically Ayreon but without the massive guest list and without any overarching stories for the albums. The first two albums had Russell Allen and Floor Jansen on vocals, so you know it's good shit. The third album (which the above song is on) will have more names attached, like Ayreon.

Star One is basically Ayreon but without the massive guest list and without any overarching stories for the albums. The first two albums had Russell Allen and Floor Jansen on vocals, so you know it's good shit. The third album (which the above song is on) will have more names attached, like Ayreon.
Another way to put this: Star One is Arjen Lucassen (mastermind of Ayreon) doing songs about Sci-Fi movies with his good friends, who sometimes turn out to be legends of Prog and Metal.

I wouldn't have expected this even a year ago, but Allegaeon are quickly climbing my list of favourite bands. I've had their new album pretty much on repeat for a few weeks now and it's not getting old.

Blind Guardian's latest, The God Machine, is the best thing they've done since their legendary 1990s run. I'd even put it on par with those albums.

Album of the year unless someone pulls a MASSIVE rabbit out of their hat. Holy shit.

Powerwolf, a fantastically fun and eminently silly power metal band from Germany, are coming over to North America for the very first time in February. Only two dates, New York and Montreal.

I just got a ticket to the Montreal show. 24 February, 8 PM. I am HYPED.