Media gets panties in a bunch over SNL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shut up Wolf "I lost on Jeopardy" Blitzer.

And some of the media wonder why no one takes them seriously. Here's a hint: Taking a JOKE about the president (from the people who have been savaging every president ever) and acting like someone pissed in your coffee? Way to go dumbasses.

S

Soliloquy

You know, it's things like this that almost make me relieved that I haven't been able to get a job with any news organization. There's a reason all of these companies are going out of business.

Who the hell listens to Wolf Blitzer?

Seriously, it's no different than Stewart going after Bush or Obama. Especially if it's true.

Seriously, it's no different than Stewart going after Bush or Obama. Especially if it's true.
Totally agree. And seriously, do you think Wolfie got upset at the portrayal of GWB or Clinton or Reagan on SNL? Just ad this to the list of reasons why cable news networks need to go the way of the Dodo.

Totally agree. And seriously, do you think Wolfie got upset at the portrayal of GWB or Clinton or Reagan on SNL? Just ad this to the list of reasons why cable news networks need to go the way of the Dodo.[/quote]
True. It was Hannity, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly who called them unpatriotic for criticizing Bush. Then not so subtle anti-Jewish sentiment entered the fray.
I really have a hard time getting excited about criticisms from the 24 hour news channels regarding the acts of comedians. Especially when those comedians are doing their job.

Edit to add: I think Shephard Smith is one of the last "Conservative" commentators I have any respect for. While he holds onto his conservative ideals he doesn't allow them to tarnish the facts of a situation or allow distortions and lies into the discussion without pointing them out.

SNL was pretty good on Saturday Night. I really like the current cast.

Also, Kareen Wynters face is so lopsided. It's comical.

What does this have to do with the thread? Not much.

My only outrage is that Fred Armisen just wasn't funny. He doesn't sound like him at all, or even sound like he's trying to sound like him.

The script was okay; I feel like if they had a comedian who could actually pull off a good impression of Obama, I'd have thought the sketch was really funny.

It just wasn't much compared to Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin or Darrell Hammond doing Bill Clinton.

Though, to be fair, I didn't like Will Ferrel as Bush II, either.

He's the best man for the job though currently, who else could they get to do Obama? The rest of the male cast is even less suited to do it.

He's the best man for the job though currently
Doesn't make him funny. And it's not like he and the writers couldn't, you know, work on it.

He was funnier as David Patterson. Which was admittedly a little uncomfortable because, in the end, he was making fun of a handicapped guy for being handicapped.

Cajungal

Staff member
The one thing that guy does well is end sentences kind of briskly the way Obama does. Obama's speaking voice is distinctive, but not as fun to mock.

S

Soliloquy

He's the best man for the job though currently, who else could they get to do Obama? The rest of the male cast is even less suited to do it.
They could have gone blackface.

Then they'd give the media something legitimate to complain about.

Everybody wins!

I agree that he should at least TRY to sound like him. Seems like he was just kind of ... himself, I guess.
His impression used to be almost dead on. During the elections his skits with Amy Poehler as Hillary were pretty spot on, but it seems like lately he's just getting on and talking in his normal voice.

J

JCM

Totally agree. And seriously, do you think Wolfie got upset at the portrayal of GWB or Clinton or Reagan on SNL? Just ad this to the list of reasons why cable news networks need to go the way of the Dodo.[/QUOTE]Pretty much This.

What are you guys talking about, obviously SNL needs to get more fact checkers, coz they're getting the details wrong like... (see already posted Daily Show vid).

P

Philosopher B.

My only outrage is that Fred Armisen just wasn't funny. He doesn't sound like him at all, or even sound like he's trying to sound like him.
Yeah, I've seen imitators on YouTube do a better job ...

Status
Not open for further replies.