[Movies] MCU: Phase 5 - To Kang or Not to Kang

Great casting, sure. But Mephisto makes ZERO sense in Ironheart. I call bullshit.
I'm with you. Reportedly, there are multiple sources, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were all quoting a single source, who was just guessing.

I'm with you. Reportedly, there are multiple sources, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were all quoting a single source, who was just guessing.
Seems like a source going where can we attach this rumor to next? *Throws dart at chart* That’s the ticket!

Is it weird that my favorite thing about the trailer was that it closed a plot hole in my brain about how Janet survived all those years down there? Yes the quantum realm technically has different levels of time passage, but Janet was shown to be aged just as much as Hank, so she had to be somewhere time wasn't slowed down and able to eat and drink and stuff.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is set to join the Disney+ series “Wonder Man” as Simon Williams, who transforms into the titular superhero. It will be Abdul-Mateen’s third major comic book character, after playing the villain Black Manta in 2018’s “Aquaman” and Dr. Manhattan in HBO’s 2019 series “Watchmen,” for which he won an Emmy. (Variety)

I feel like I'm being overly cautious but might be worth spoilering the Watchmen
role, it's not revealed until like 70% in.

But it's one of those things here technically enough time has passed and if you were interested you'd have seen it already.

Last edited:
I mean, I really wanted Nathan Fillion to do it. He has the perfect look and personality. But he’s also way too old now, so I can just imagine.

I’m not familiar with Abdul-Mateen at all, but his look works and it sounds like he’s a good actor. They could certainly do worse.

Or my joke wasn't very good. :)

I was implying that the shift is a result of timeline shenanigans.
I can accept either explanation, working life off of 16 hours sleep in 4 days means I have to question my reactions and comprehension of some things.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

This is the first time since Super that I didn't like a James Gunn project. Future repeat viewings might change my mind, but not by much.

It felt completely hollow fluff, with hollow sentiments to me. Drax and Mantis interacting was...fine, but it became tedious of just them for the majority of the time. I guess of the Guardians on the team, except for Pratt, their makeup and wardrobe would have been easiest to have on screen for the entirety of the short film. Rocket, Groot, and Nebula are barely in it. But I don't know, their hijinks through Hollywood got tiresome quickly for me. The random Go-Bots thing felt like a bad Family Guy gag.

And I get it was on a smaller, TV-scale budget, but some of the effects were terrible. Or even just terribly edited, like Drax and Mantis jumping off the roof where they were clearly CG jumping off to a sudden cut where they clearly hopped in place to show that they "land." I'm used to better editing from Gunn, I guess.

Also, maybe it's just me, but Groot looked awful. I thought he was an animatronic but I'm pretty sure he was CG, but he looked terrible, either way.

Also too many musical numbers for my taste. I get they were aping the old Star Wars Holiday Special structure, but...that was a terrible structure in the first place? Again, I'm used to Gunn using music in much smarter ways than entire musical numbers to pad out the run time.

Lastly, maybe it's just me, but Pratt seemed devoid of his usual emotion or charisma. His performance felt incredibly phoned in, like he didn't want to be there.

Overall, I don't necessarily regret the time I spent watching it, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it, specifically.