[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

We have NO context of how long the loop actually went on before Dormammu relented, so for all we know Doctor Strange was constantly fighting and dying to Dormammu for months, or even years. Every time the loop happened he used different abilities and strategies, and though he lost every time, he still got better and better at his magical talents.

So many people seem to forget this.
People also forget that some of those deaths were probably to old age. Think about that for a minute: Assuming he eventually figured out how not to die of hunger or thirst, just how many times do you think he spent FIFTY YEARS (or more!) of subjective time practicing the blade his skills while annoying the crap out of Dormammu? “Are we there yet? How ‘bout now?”

—Patrick

17 days and only $300 million away from the all time record. I don't think it will beat Star Wars for domestic record, but Worldwide #1 will fall easily.

Remember Avatar was in theaters for 9 months and only stopped earning $1million per day around day 90ish.

Dave

Staff member
Detective Pikachu has really dampened the box office. They should still get there, but it's going to be a closer thing than we originally expected.

The reviews for Far From Home are coming in and they're positive. It seems that it suffers from the same inopportune timing as Ant-Man and the Wasp, however. People still haven't had a chance to breathe after the latest Avengers film.

The reviews for Far From Home are coming in and they're positive. It seems that it suffers from the same inopportune timing as Ant-Man and the Wasp, however. People still haven't had a chance to breathe after the latest Avengers film.
But it does have the advantage of an early week release right before a major holiday weekend.

I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home today. It was...okay, I guess? The first half dragged and I found myself bored when Jake Gyllenhaal was on screen. It wasn’t bad, but it didn’t do it for me either. Definitely in the bottom half of MCU movies for me.

Just saw Spider Man, lots of fun. End credit #1 Fuck!!! End credit #2 how the hell do I get me some of that action?

Overall a fun happy summer film.

Last edited:
Byarg! I can't hold it in any longer! Marching bands, mom jeans, "take your clothes off!", perfume allergies, don't worry about the suit, how many lemonades have you had? where are my shoes and the greatest Spidey villain in history makes a massive appearance with the greatest actor possible!!!!!!!!

Fyew.

figmentPez

Staff member
WAIT? The next Doctor Strange movie is going to have its plot spin off from WandaVision? NO.

WTF, MARVEL? This is why comic books are a floundering medium. Having the movies all connected is one thing, but making whole TV series set up the movie experience? Get the fuck out.

Taika can get Portman to act. We know she's good when the director isn't a putz.

I'm super interested to see how these line up. They sound fun, and the surprise announcement of Blade took me by surprise.

No one is excited about Feige confirming/hinting at the first ever Fantastic Four movie?

That’s right, first ever. There has never been a Fantastic Four movie before, do you hear me?! Never.

Last edited:
I think I'm starting to feel burnt out by the MCU. Avengers Endgame felt like a series finale in so many ways. It tied everything up so well and felt so FINAL that it doesn't have me chomping at the bit for more. I enjoyed Spider-Man: Far From Home well enough but the new crop of films and shows just isn't getting me excited. I'm not crazy about the titles for Thor or Dr. Strange. I don't get the excitement for Blade. Plus, I don't really know if I have the patience to keep up with the movies AND the Disney+ shows. That just seems like too much. Especially if the shows themselves are more than 6 episodes a piece.

There's just so much content now that I can't even keep up. Even Marvel related stuff. I gave up on SHIELD early in the first season. I fell way behind on the Netflix shows. And then there's non-MCU stuff like Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, etc. Haven't seen any of it. Or any of the Arrowverse stuff. Let alone all these other show people insist I need to watch, like The Expanse. It's to the point I just don't bother trying to get into any of them.

With the MCU, I just don't know. I might bow out. It's getting to be too much.

Last edited:
I really didn't expect to see Natalie Portman back in the MCU as her performances in the first two films made it seem like this was more of a paycheck role for her than one she actually cared about.

I think I'm starting to feel burnt out by the MCU. Avengers Endgame felt like a series finale in so many ways. It tied everything up so well and felt so FINAL that it doesn't have me chomping at the bit for more. I enjoyed Spider-Man: Far From Home well enough but the new crop of films and shows just isn't getting me excited. I'm not crazy about the titles for Thor or Dr. Strange. I don't get the excitement for Blade. Plus, I don't really know if I have the patience to keep up with the movies AND the Disney+ shows. That just seems like too much. Especially if the shows themselves are more than 6 episodes a piece.

There's just so much content now that I can't even keep up. Even Marvel related stuff. I gave up on SHIELD early in the first season. I fell way behind on the Netflix shows. And then there's non-MCU stuff like Runaways, Cloak & Dagger, etc. Haven't seen any of it. Or any of the Arrowverse stuff. Let alone all these other show people insist I need to watch, like The Expanse. It's to the point I just don't bother trying to get into any of them.

With the MCU, I just don't know. I might bow out. It's getting to be too much.
I'm pretty much down to just seeing what I'm interested in. Seeing every movie can reward little nods between, but it isn't as necessary as they pretend and keeping up can feel like a chore.

I know we're getting Disney+ long enough to watch Loki. Julie won't have it any other way :p. I'm all for Thor 4, Guardians 3, and Hawkeye since it's introducing Kate. And Fantastic Four when that becomes more than a possible 2022 release.

I'm more excited for Spiderverse sequels than MCU Spidey right now.