[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

The buzz continues to be positive for Thor: Ragnarok. The social media embargo has already lifted and the full review embargo will lift on the 19th, two weeks before its North American release. (ScreenRant)

The reactions of the Collider crew appear to be typical:

I'm used to seeing Tony/Rhodey out of the mask, but I can't remember a comic where I could see T'Challa's uncovered face.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I think Chadwick Boseman would have a legitimate complaint about not being connected to the role if most of his screen time was behind a mask.

Still haven't seen Thor Ragnarok, looks like it'll have to wait for next weekend.

But I have heard a little off the score, and credit where due, its music stands out from the other MCU movies. This is one where you'd hear just a little and know which movie it came from.

My quick and spoiler-free review:

It's really good! It's light and fun, still feels true to the source while also feeling like a fresh take, the music is the best of all MCU films, and it has me excited for Infinity War.

GasBandit

Staff member
Still haven't seen Thor Ragnarok, looks like it'll have to wait for next weekend.

But I have heard a little off the score, and credit where due, its music stands out from the other MCU movies. This is one where you'd hear just a little and know which movie it came from.
Lots of Synthwave. I dug it.

I saw it on Thursday night and enjoyed it. The soundtrack especially stood out.

My only complaint is:

The Warriors Three went out like punks. These are supposed to be Thor's battle buddies and peers. Instead they got wiped out within seconds.

I saw it on Thursday night and enjoyed it. The soundtrack especially stood out.

My only complaint is:

The Warriors Three went out like punks. These are supposed to be Thor's battle buddies and peers. Instead they got wiped out within seconds.
Hela wiped out the Valkyries the same way, baddest group of warriors, not a chance. The Valkyries were a group at lest of at least 50 warriors, and some of the home guard did get in good shots on Hela, but she just shrugged it off.