[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Eh, she was only in the first one, and they had a mannequin dressed as her dragged awkwardly through scenes in the second one, so I don't mind her absence.

It just occurred to me that the MCU currently has, had, or will have:

Two Sherlocks
Two Watsons
and Two Irene Adlers

Furthermore, it also has, had, or will have:

Two Anne Boleyns (and one Mary Boleyn)
Two Human Torches
Two Hannibal Lecters
Two Dredds

I get the feel they are going for with that poster, but it seems like a terrible move for Spidey to just sprawl out that way at sea level like that, and then tune out like he doesn't care who walks by and sees. It would make more sense to me if he was on top of a sky scraper or something.

In order to get that background, he'd probably need to be hanging out on top of the Citigroup building in LIC which...isn't bad, but less impressive. Maybe the 59th St. Bridge?

Too far uptown, I think.
Nah. Having been in Citi building and driven that bridge many, many times, you can easily see the Chrysler building and...whatever intersection the Stark/Avengers building is supposed to be, although they won't be as straightforward as they are in this shot.

Google Image isn't giving me the angle I'm talking about, and I'm not driving to Queens just for a photo, but
bridge:

Citigroup building:

And, hey, they can even sneak in the ESB for good measure.

In order to get that background, he'd probably need to be hanging out on top of the Citigroup building in LIC which...isn't bad, but less impressive. Maybe the 59th St. Bridge?
Do you suppose he's listening to "Feeling Groovy?"
I assumed the poster was supposed to show Avengers' Tower in the background, and Spidey very obviously and deliberately lounging very far away from it.

In order to get that photo, he'd have to be out somewhere on the East River just South of Four Freedoms Park, and there's no solid ground there he could be standing on. Maybe he's on the roof/railing of one of the Circle Line cruise boats?

--Patrick

Am I crazy or does it feel like they took some inspiration from Guardians of the galaxy?
We were just talking about that in the Thor 3 thread, but short version: they're probably doing that to link up their "Galaxy/Space" properties, especially with Infinity War coming soon.

Personally, I didn't hate The Dark World, but I feel like this fits the classic design of Thor, Loki, et al, and the world established in the original film, far better. Plus, Hemsworth is funny as hell, and I think this suits him and the character he's created so much better. He has take even tiny moments and makes them funny, like his face in Ultron when Steve wiggles Mjolnir, or in Dark World when he just hangs Mjolnir on the coat hook in Jane's apartment. I'm sure Marvel is looking at it from a financial standpoint, with GotG being so successful and Dark World being a disappointment, but I think it's just a better fit for the Thor property than if they tried this with Captain America or even Iron Man.

I was so focused on "why hasn't anyone bumped the MCU or Trailers threads for this?" that I didn't even notice a new thread :D. Though maybe it's good I put it here too in case there were others who didn't notice either.