[PC Game] Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda : My Face is Tired but the MP isn't

Ditto. Buddy has it through EA access, so I got to try it. Was not impressed
Whats weird, is that in some of the reviews, like the Gamespot review, it actually reads pretty good, and the reviewer seemed pretty upbeat about it, and then gave it a 6.

I'm still debating if I'm going to buy it this week or just sit on it for now. I did play the demo, and all of the animation bugs are really offputting, but the actual gameplay wasn't TERRIBLE. I don't know that I'll ever play the MP this time ether.

I'm still debating if I'm going to buy it this week or just sit on it for now. I did play the demo, and all of the animation bugs are really offputting, but the actual gameplay wasn't TERRIBLE. I don't know that I'll ever play the MP this time ether.
I only played about an hour and a half, but it feels like the Fallout 4 of Mass Effect. The writing and actual RPGness feels... really off. The combat feels fine.

I actually really liked ME3 multiplayer. I mean, I might like this one too, but yeah, a lot of reviews are like, "It's OK if you like Mass Effect".

I was riding the hype train... then I remembered that I never buy anything new (because I'm poor), and I tend to benefit from patches and whatnot after the fact.

So I might just hold off, after all.

I wonder whether or not facial animations will actually be patched, though. It seems like an odd thing to patch. Obviously they COULD patch it, but will they?

There were concerns early on that Nintendo would make a lot of amateur mistakes at doing an open-world game. Instead Nintendo did it so well that now people are wondering "Hey, why can't other games be this good?"
I think what happened is that Nintendo approached open world with fresh eyes instead of copy pasting what every developer believes must be in open world.

Thanks to some promotional stuff I do, I seem to have walked into a free code for Andromeda, so I guess I'll be playing multiplayer with @Jay

I think what happened is that Nintendo approached open world with fresh eyes instead of copy pasting what every developer believes must be in open world.
I think so too. Nintendo's insulation is sometimes a problem, like with their hardware and online capabilities, but this was definitely a case where it shielded them from the Ubisoft style of bullshit.

I think so too. Nintendo's insulation is sometimes a problem, like with their hardware and online capabilities, but this was definitely a case where it shielded them from the Ubisoft style of bullshit.
Even though Nintendo was like "We need fucking towers!"

I am still so amused that Breath of the Wild is the benchmark people are grading games on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-of-huge-expensive-open-worlds/#6d0e482f1279
That guy is an imbecile. Benchmark should be Witcher 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1490219352,1490219262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks to some promotional stuff I do, I seem to have walked into a free code for Andromeda, so I guess I'll be playing multiplayer with @Jay
Oh neat.

So fun facts, looks like the shitastic launch scared a bunch of people away who were pining for game weeks ago. Some of these are friends I was playing ME3 Platinum games with. :(

Fuuuuuuu

I have 25 hours into the game so far, and honestly I don't think it's really bad. Though the Kett have nothing on the Reapers.

That guy is an imbecile. Benchmark should be Witcher 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1490219352,1490219262][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh neat.

So fun facts, looks like the shitastic launch scared a bunch of people away who were pining for game weeks ago. Some of these are friends I was playing ME3 Platinum games with. :(

Fuuuuuuu
Witcher 3 is the better story based open world game. BotW fucking owns it for joy of exploration though.

I just read a guy vehemently defend Mass Effect Andromeda as the best gaming experience he's had this year.

I congratulated him on saving his Christmas money so he could buy his first game.

The really frustrating thing about ME:A is it's not a bad game. There's a good game under there, I can see it, even with the cheesy writing. But it's buried under technical mess, and a UI designed by people who have never played a video game before.

It's the studio's first game, and it kinda shows

Reactions: Dei
I've put in about 30+ hours on SP/MP.

MP is better than ME3 and worth every penny. It's buggy to some degree (crashes/sound issues) but I assume patches next week will improve things. They already added a new free character and new free map.

SP is quirky at times, some secondary characters have shitty animations but with updated drivers I've had a almost perfect gameplay of about 12 hours so far. One crash. Some minor bugs here and there but it's good. Storyline is satisfactory so far. EOS is nice. Honestly, overblown drama so far.

I've put in about 30+ hours on SP/MP.

MP is better than ME3 and worth every penny. It's buggy to some degree (crashes/sound issues) but I assume patches next week will improve things. They already added a new free character and new free map.

SP is quirky at times, some secondary characters have shitty animations but with updated drivers I've had a almost perfect gameplay of about 12 hours so far. One crash. Some minor bugs here and there but it's good. Storyline is satisfactory so far. EOS is nice. Honestly, overblown drama so far.
Are you playing as a male or female Ryder? Because the female animations are jank as fuck. It seems like the engine is trying to apply the same dynamic animations to female models as it does to males, but hasn't been adjusted for the different skeleton.

I've been playing female Ryder and it doesn't feel too bad. Though the mouth animation gets too wide sometimes, and I had one instance where my head was facing backwards.

You might want to avoid that video since you know.... spoilers.
I haven't gotten past the first hour of the game (despite 5 hours played... goddamn it) and I don't feel particularly spoiled. Mostly because I know how trope writing works and I've come to expect the expected in writing in this game.

Played more and more and it's just such a flawed game, full of consolitis. Seriously, consoles are like a virus. How did this menu/quest system get approved for PC it's so laborious it's insane.

Also, what's up with the long ass load animations between space exploring, the first system was GREAT, then OK, now I'm angry I can't press space.

Lastly, about the score.... I haven't been impressed at all. ME 1/2/3 are all on my phone and I hear them all the time.... I can't seem to find one track in Andromeda that interested me. But I'll give it more time.

Did the voice actors not have a director? Social awkwardness explains the writing, but not the delivery. That was terrible.
I've come to a new conclusion. I no longer think the animations or the dialogue are what is going on here. I think Sara Ryder is just autistic. In fact, I think everyone on the crew is autistic. I think the Andromeda Initiative was just an evil plot to shoot all of Earth's autistic people into space.