[Comics] Marvel NOW

That issue was so fucking good. Anytime SpOck gets slapped around is a party. Also, the art is amazing and I want that guy to get Humberto "trunk-neck" Ramos' job.

I always referred to him as Humberto "Gargantuan Hoof Feet" Ramos from his Crimson days.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES

I mean, he's not a horrible waste like Liefeld, but the man has no concept of proportion or in what way a person's body can and cannot contort. But I'm willing to bet he holds a spot for the same reason Liefeld or Land does; he gets things done on deadline. The other SSM artist, who's name I can't remember off the cuff, is pretty solid, though.

Also I hate that I remember the names of hacks, but not the talented ones.

BananaHands

Staff member
IT'S HAPPENING

THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #6
Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST
Pencils by MARCO CHECCHETTO
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

THE SUPERIOR SIX CONTINUES!
Spider-Man has formed his own SUPERIOR super-hero team... out of the SINISTER SIX!
As Spider-Man deals with the challenges his new team poses, Lightmaster makes his move!
Can Spider-Man trust his new team, aka his greatest enemies, when a reformed Masters of Evil come calling?

BananaHands

Staff member

SCARLET SPIDER #25
CHRIS YOST (W)
DAVID BALDEON (A)
Cover by Ryan Stegman
LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!
It’s over. Kaine did his best to be a hero. He failed.
What about Houston?! Who lives? Who dies? Is there a place for the Scarlet Spider in this world? The answers will surprise you.
Two years and 25 issues have led to THIS! >Guest starring: MEXICO!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Fuck. Everything.

BananaHands

Staff member
So, what, are they making him a villain again, or killing him off....again.
Maybe he'll take the Spider-Man mantle? Or because Marvel LOVES Wolverine we'll get a Wolverine and The Scarlet Spider title where they'll team up and Logan will call him bub.

Because at the beginning he was a better spiderman, now he's slowly becoming insane, and that's interesting?

Same problem I had with Johns' Green Lantern at the end. If I wanted to read about a villain there are far better books I could pick up. I especially don't need it excused away.

I read the first issue of Mighty Avengers, and was surprised at how surprised I was at enjoying it. Again not sure why, Al Ewing is a great writer, and the book will be featuring both the Falcon and She-Hulk. I guess I was afraid it was going to be written like Charlie, instead it's just a solid story with strong characterizations, natural dialog, a good flow, and currently a distinct lack of both Falcon and She-Hulk :(. I'm sure they're coming, and I'm really enjoying a Bendis-free Luke Cage.

Highly recommended, and while the book is branded with Infinity, I can safely say with 100% certainty that there is absolutely no reason to feel that you need to read Infinity. The only connection is that Infinity is happening, Ewing doesn't ignore this fact, and everything you need to know is brought up in Mighty Avengers.

Don't worry. Parker is back in 2014 according to solits for Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.5

Even though I really enjoy the Superior Spider-Man, I do miss Peter.
700.1 talks about a 'celebration of the classic Spider-Man', and Superior doesn't seem to be ending. So I wouldn't be so sure that he is back...