March Madness!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I know we're a bit into the month already but the brackets are set a tad late this year.

March Contest is the NCAA MEN'S Basketball Tournament Bracket Challenge!

To join, you must have a Yahoo account as I am using the Yahoo Fantasy site. Go Here (http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1?tid=219229) and sign up.

Join Group: [SIZE=-1]41115
Password: halforums

Please note that the brackets can't be placed until March 13th because the teams aren't set yet. AND the games start March 18th so you only have 4 or so days to get your picks in. You gotta be quick.

The prize: Any game (or games) of your choice from Direct2Drive.com! (Up to $60 value.)

So how do you play this? Easy! You don't even have to really know that much about the sport.

Once you get a team and the brackets are live you pick who you think will win. If you are right you get points based on which round you are in. Pick an upset game when the lower seeded team beats a higher seeded team? Bonus points! In the end, the person with the most points wins the contest. It's that easy.

[/SIZE]
Round 1 - 1 point for each correct pick - 1 point per upset pick
Round 2 - 2 points for each correct pick - 2 points per upset pick
Round 3 - 4 points for each correct pick - 3 points per upset pick
Round 4 - 8 points for each correct pick - 4 points per upset pick
Round 5 - 16 points for each correct pick - 5 points per upset pick
Round 6 - 32 points for each correct pick - 6 points per upset pick

Dave

Staff member
March Contest!!

THE TEAMS ARE ANNOUNCED!!

Come on it using the login/password above and set your brackets to glory!

Dave

Staff member
March Contest!!

Gonna be pretty easy to win so far. We have 5 entries including myself.

Remember: [SIZE=-1]The prize: Any game (or games) of your choice from Direct2Drive.com! (Up to $60 value.)[/SIZE]

March Contest!!

I've done my bracket and I'll probably lose. I tried to pick the favored team in every matchup, so there will probably be several overachievers that ruin my bracket completely.

Dave

Staff member
March Contest!!

LAST CHANCE!!

The brackets are locket tomorrow morning at 9 am PACIFIC time! That's 11 CST. Don't miss out!

March Contest!!

I made a bracket, but I definitely just picked random teams and threw them on the bracket. >.>

Dave

Staff member
March Contest!!

Only 3 hours left!

10 people put in brackets. That means your chances are excellent!

Oh and Dei, from what I hear this is one of the most lopsided brackets in history. Even the experts are saying they have no clue who's going to win it all.

March Contest!!

Just put my bracket in.

I'm cutting it close. GO TEAMS I PICKED!!!!
March Madness' first buzzer-beater :)

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Hahaha wow there are some TERRIBLE brackets. I wonder what game I'll get.

did you guys read or see at all anywhere that Purdue's only good player is injured?

March Contest!!

I shall own you bitches. Go Cats!

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Huh, Villanova's having some problems. That could break some brackets.

March Contest!!

I shall own you bitches. Go Cats!

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Huh, Villanova's having some problems. That could break some brackets.
You have a pretty solid bracket. It's probably gonna be between us two as long as New Mexico doesn't win the tournament. *snicker*

question. If I have wrong picks, will I still pick up points for the next round if the team I picked for that round wins?

Dave

Staff member
question. If I have wrong picks, will I still pick up points for the next round if the team I picked for that round wins?
You get points for each correct pick. The farther in you are to the championship, the more points they are worth.

I assume you mean if the other team was you pick. Like say, Old Dominion vs Baylor. If Baylor wins vs Old Dominion, then yes. If Old Dominion wins, then no.

Otherwise, if you meant like w/ Vanderbilt on your bracket, then if Murray St beats Butler/Utep, then no.

Damn you, UTEP, I had a perfect bracket going until you sucked!

Ah well, was going to happen eventually and I'm quite pleased with how things are going for me so far. :D

I have NEVER picked well in March Madness. I have had people pick the exact opposite of my pickes for multiple years in a row and do better than me EVERY year. Nothing new this year.

Yesss, because of the Kansas fiasco I pull ahead for one lowly night. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be back at the bottom or something. ;)

I feel really stupid for not doing any sort of strategy for the dumb bonus points rule. I should have picked the underdog for any match up I wasn't 2-to-1 sure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.