March Artist of the Month: Philosopher B!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Philosopher B. (otherwise known as Colin) is a jack(ass) of all trades who dabbles in whatever takes his fancy at the time. While he is most passionate about writing (he is currently penning three novels and attempting to get an agent for a completed fantasy story), he will try his hand at pretty much any medium to get his creative ideas across.

Doodling

While Philo-B’s now-abandoned webcomic was based around pixel art:

He prefers to doodling with pens and pencils, though due to the amount of time he spends either writing or doing school-work related activities, some of the last things he doodled were self-portraits for an art class:

Stop-motion Animation

Starting at the tender age of 17, Philo-B mucked about with stop-motion animation, the results of which can be glimpsed on his PhilosopherShale (http://www.youtube.com/user/PhilosopherShale) YouTube channel, which has garnered over 380 subscribers as well as 135,000 upload views. He also has a younger brother named Jason, with whom he has collaborated on several stop-motion animation projects, including this music video created for a contest held by the rock band Marillion (the video didn’t win, but it was fun to make):

Though due to a lack of time he has animated few projects within the last year or so, he still pulls out the old animating equipment for the occasional twenty-four-hour animation contest, the most recently involving God with an afro:

Writing

In addition to his passion for fiction, he is currently gearing up to launch an upcoming comedy blog/website that will feature multiple articles a week. The expressed purpose of this site will be to target anything and everything that blows like a two-dollar hooker in heat in a ranting fashion, though things that rock with the fervor of Van Halen shredding while riding a rocket into space will also get their due.

Intended columns include not only Stuff That Blows and Stuff That Rocks, but Fictional Band Bios, and Rock Band Beefs as well.
Aside from Philo-B’s mad ravings, he will be joined by his older brother Ryan (known to these boards as TwoBit), who will (hopefully) poop out some kind of column every week, which will deal with random things, including playing old edutainment games.

The site’s textual and pictorial comedic content will be augmented by a YouTube channel which will feature Philo-B doing the whole ‘Internet critic’ thing while reviewing/ranting about music videos and music-related movies. Although footage of his hideous mug will be included, the focus of these videos will not be on watching an unwashed bum pretend to act in front of a camera, but will focus on the writing and narration aspects, and will include not only footage of the things in question being reviewed, but Philo-B’s caricature-like scrawlings, a few examples of which can be seen here, from the upcoming video that rips on Bette Midler’s cover of ‘Beast of Burden’:

While Music Videos That Blow will be Philo-B’s primary focus as regards the YouTube channel, movie reviews will also be included. Although Philo-B hopes in the future to try and get picked up by thatguywiththeglasses.com, in the event that he should fail, he will turn his sights to simply attempting to build up a robust YouTube audience.

Though he hoped to have the site ‘out’ by now, Philo-B is optimistic that the various projects on which he is currently hard at work will seen daylight soon, and he will give notice when said projects reach fruition.

Holy crap man! That lego stuff is GOLD! Should really be a full on web series which then gets picked up by Comedy Central and you make millions and share it with us. Or maybe just me. Cuz I'm awesome.

Also, can't wait to see the Music Videos that Blow series. Sounds pretty awesome.

P

Philosopher B.

Holy crap man! That lego stuff is GOLD! Should really be a full on web series which then gets picked up by Comedy Central and you make millions and share it with us. Or maybe just me. Cuz I'm awesome.
I would except stop-motion animating hurts my back. And takes way too long. :p

Also, can't wait to see the Music Videos that Blow series. Sounds pretty awesome.
Can't wait to get it launched. I'm pretty excited about it. :biggrin:

Love the stop motion Philli-B! I remember I had to do some abstract self-portrait thingies like the ones you have up... Mine weren't nearly as groovy!

Can't wait to see some more music videos! ...I also know how it feels to not have a website up that you wish you did >_>

:D

P

Philosopher B.

Love the stop motion Philli-B! I remember I had to do some abstract self-portrait thingies like the ones you have up... Mine weren't nearly as groovy!

Can't wait to see some more music videos! ...I also know how it feels to not have a website up that you wish you did >_>

:D
Yeah, it's killing me not to have the website up yet. Getting a little closer, though. Thanks for the comment. :)

That lego show cracked me up. Really nice art too. I think we have a jack of all trades here. :D
Why, thank you. :) I like to dabble. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.