[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

I've done a couple of sims of the season using Strat 2018, and... well, I'm a bit afraid of that team down in the far southwest corner of these United States.

51 years later, could The Team Big Macs Built end up winning it all?

Without reading further, I bet the Phillies got jealous. :p

Also, Tank McNamara asks an important question today. Without fans, who is the National Anthem for?

When I asked a girl to my junior prom she said "well I want to go with this other guy but if he says no to me then ok." He said no and I was happy to still be going with her.

In related news, im happy about this.

“It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.”

A. Bartlett Giamatti

Last edited:
Yelich breaks Wrigley video board with BP Homer... but went 0-4 with two K's as the Cubs shut out the Crew, 3-0.

In other news: the Man On Second rule comes into play - as Matt Olson hits a GSHR in the 10th to win it in Oakland.

EDIT: Trivia question - who was the first player to be placed on second base by the new Extra Inning rule? (Try to answer without Googling.)

Last edited:
Marlins-Oriole's game cancelled due to 14 positive tests from Marlins. MLB is figuring out the next step but cancelling the season is on the table.

I'm still trying to figure out what's more unsettling; the piped-in crowd sounds in an empty stadium, or a deathly silent game in which the seats are filled with photo-people.