[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Welp, only two games that mean anything today. We have to hope the Cubbies sweep, while we figure out what's wrong with our stupid bullpen beat the Rockies to force yet another game 163.

That has to be the WORST way to end a regular season. The only thing I could think of that would be worse would be to balk in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth with two outs.

Oh well, on to Washington where Max Scherzer will probably get 27 strikeouts.

We go from potentially four clinch games on one day to potentially three game fives a day later.

Astros look beatable, and if they're putting it on Greinke to advance to face the Yankees... (shudder)

That first inning at SunTrust... the game was over before all the fans had even taken their seats.

Ten runs in the first inning - an NL playoff Major League Playoffs record.

Must be.

The ghosts of 1981 are qualmed. Now let's see if the Cardinals can be vanquished by this plucky band of adventurers from the City That Lost Its Collective Mind.

(Cards in five.)

I don't know if the BBWAA has sent out its ballots yet, and, of course, post-season isn't supposed to count, but (expletive) if Gerrit Cole isn't cementing his bid for the Cy Young tonight.

I'm going to have to think Yanks-Stros goes seven, but Houston gets the boost with home field.

I don't know if the BBWAA has sent out its ballots yet, and, of course, post-season isn't supposed to count, but (expletive) if Gerrit Cole isn't cementing his bid for the Cy Young tonight.

I'm going to have to think Yanks-Stros goes seven, but Houston gets the boost with home field.
*cries in yinzer*

Anibal Sanchez comes four outs from no-hitting the Cards in game one of the NLCS.

EDIT: After doing some poking around, I'd have to say that was probably the best game he's put together in a Nats uniform. He's have five one-hitters, three which were broken up late. He had the no-hitter as a Marlin back in 2006. Strange enough, he also had tow two-hitters against the Nats, both when he was in Florida.

Last edited:
The Nationals are one win away from the World Series.

The franchise hasn't been in this position since October of 1981.

The city hasn't been in this position since September of 1933.

The 2010's will be the first decade since the 1910's where the Yankees didn't win at least one AL Pennant.

Some would say this is a good thing.

Now the question is if the Yankees are going to have that "bad century" like a certain other team from the north side of Chicago...