[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

So... trade speculations say that the Brewers are eyeing a certain pitcher from the Bay Area to add to the squad in trade.

Just wondering for our Giants fans out there: is this "Bumingardiner" guy any good?

;)

So... trade speculations say that the Brewers are eyeing a certain pitcher from the Bay Area to add to the squad in trade.

Just wondering for our Giants fans out there: is this "Bumingardiner" guy any good?

;)
I love MadBum, but we’re long past the point when the Giants should be trading their handful of great players for good prospects. The Giants depleted their farm system during that great run from ‘09 - ‘14 and never rebuilt. They’re not going anywhere with their current lineup (despite whatever our delusional CEO thinks) and there’s no young talent coming up. I say trade anyone other than Posey for good prospects and draft picks and start to rebuild. Besides, players like MadBum, Belt, Panik, and Crawford deserve another chance even if it means doing it with another team. We had a great run and it’s time to move on to the next phase.

Okay, now that THAT nonsense is over, we can move on to MORE BASEBALL!
(I really shouldn't act so excited, my Giants have done jack and shit all offseason.)

Okay, now that THAT nonsense is over, we can move on to MORE BASEBALL!
(I really shouldn't act so excited, my Giants have done jack and shit all offseason.)
The Giants are back in their 2005-2009 mode: pay too much for one or two older players who used to be good but are now over-the-hill, and then ignore the rest of your numerous problems. I managed to stay a fan through those dark years, and I will do it again now.

But it ain’t easy.

And what's worse is that you're going to take your time before giving us Bumgarner at the trade deadline.
Well, yeah! He has to have the worst first half of a season in a his career, so his value goes down and the Giants get fucking nothing. THEN he’ll go to another team and win another World Series singlehandedly or something. It’s the Giants way!

But we’ll only let with him if you give us a backup infielder over the age of 30. We’ll throw in some draft picks and our best AAA player if that guy was good 5 years ago (but hasn’t done much since).

Last edited:
Well, yeah! He has to have the worst first half of a season in a his career, so his value goes down and the Giants get fucking nothing. THEN he’ll go to another team and win another World Series singlehandedly or something. It’s the Giants way!

But we’ll only let with him if you give us a backup infielder over the age of 30. We’ve throw in some draft picks and our best AAA player if that guy was good 5 years ago (but hasn’t done much since).
You want Eric Thames?

Dave

Staff member
As of this writing, the Minnesota Twins have not yet been eliminated from playoff contention.

Don't get me wrong, it would be exciting to have someone as good as Bryce Harper come here. But the Giants are sooooooo incredibly fucked up right now, this would be a case where they blow most of their budget on one player while never really filling needs at 4-5 other positions. It would be a disaster for all.

Yeah, you guys need about two more players to be competitive, and (whatever you guys call that place now) isn't a great hitter's park.

Besides, I'm still working the phones to get you Thames for MadBum, so they can't go and sign Bryce and screw that up.

It begins.

In honor of P&CR today at Fitch Park, I went out and got some 2019 Topps Baseball cards.

This is my 42nd year of collecting baseball cards, and the 68th season of baseball cards from Topps that I have collected.

Fuck you. Fuck you so very very much.

I was on board the USS Yorktown, a day out from returning to Norfolk and a day out from going on leave. My friend and I had tickets to Game 1 of the World Series at Three Rivers Stadium.

Instead I snapped my glasses in half on my way from the ship's library to my bunk, cried myself to sleep, and was greeted with a chorus of tomahawk chops at quarters the next morning.

FUCK FRANCISCO CABRERA.

So - any bold predictions for 2019?

Mine: Phillies will win the NL East, but get knocked out by the wild card winner - who will then be knocked out by the Cardinals.