[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

This is probably a better place than the anime thread to shill for Gurazeni. It's an anime, yes, but it's the kind of anime that wouldn't feel out of place on MLB Network. It's a very inside baseball kind of show, where you're invited inside the head of a middle reliever in his 6th year as a pro. He's not some overpowered rookie or wise sage coach. He's just a middle-of-the-road player with his own insecurities. It's a baseball anime for the baseball fan who subscribes to MLB At Bat and hangs out in his team's subreddit gameday threads.

In other words, just right for this crew. Looking at you, @jwhouk.

I wonder if there's going to be a point where the surgery is done early in every pitcher's career as a means of preventing the loss of productive seasons. Draft, surgery, then develop in the minors?

It's pretty remarkable seeing the mechanics and demands of pitching develop past what the human body can sustain naturally.

I went to a baseball game and a softball game broke out.

25 total runs, 20 of those for the D-backs. I think I got whiplash from watching all the homers going out of the park.

Three things in life are certain:

Death.
Taxes.
The Brewers losing to the Pirates at a key moment during the season, causing them to fall out of contention.

I suspect it's the Curse of Harvey Haddix.

Kela for Hearn and PTBNL (he's asleep and hasn't been told yet).

Pirates buyers at the deadline? Whoda thunk it at the start of the year?

I saw that one already this year. I actually left during the 7th inning, because my neck was getting tired of seeing the D'Backs run around the bases.

And I also want to say that my GM makes me wanna Schoop, Schoop...

I saw that one already this year. I actually left during the 7th inning, because my neck was getting tired of seeing the D'Backs run around the bases.

And I also want to say that my GM makes me wanna Schoop, Schoop...
Wimp. I sat through every miserable pitch of that 20-0 bludgeoning back in 2010. AND had the 75-mile drive back home after to think about what had just happened.

SWEEEEEEEEEP!!!! Third LCS for the Crew in franchise history!

Now to make this one the charm and beat the Dodgers (or Braves, if they manage to come back).