[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Thanks to attending one game each in 2015 and 2016, I still get emails from the Mets. Today's was announcing sales of 2022 tickets.

Bold of you to assume there's going to be a season.

Thanks to attending one game each in 2015 and 2016, I still get emails from the Mets. Today's was announcing sales of 2022 tickets.

Bold of you to assume there's going to be a season.
Look, whether there'll be people playing on the field or not, we'd still love for you to come in once a week to drink overpriced soda, eat crappy snacks, and buy junk from us, okay? We need the cash

Oh, I got my "Spring Training 2022" ad from the Crew today, too.

And my snide comment was, "Sheyah, right, like there's going to be a spring training to go to."

They aren't going to even begin talking economics - which is what this L-word is all about - until next month.

If they're not trying, why should we?

David Ortiz was the only player elected to the HOF by the Baseball Writers Association of America.

In terms of Bill James Hall of Fame Standards score, he ranks 7th among those on the ballot (55; average HOF'er is at 50). For James' HOF Career monitor, he ranks 7th as well (171, average HOF'er is between 100-120). In terms of bWAR, he is 16th (55.3); in terms of JAWS (Jaffe Average WAR Score, which ranks a player's top seven years and averages them with their overall WAR), he ranked 16th as well (45.3).

He is a Hall of Famer, yes. But at least six other players should be in the Hall with him. And five of them probably won't be, because of 'roids - and the sixth is ToddCOORSFIELDHelton.

David Ortiz was the only player elected to the HOF by the Baseball Writers Association of America.

In terms of Bill James Hall of Fame Standards score, he ranks 7th among those on the ballot (55; average HOF'er is at 50). For James' HOF Career monitor, he ranks 7th as well (171, average HOF'er is between 100-120). In terms of bWAR, he is 16th (55.3); in terms of JAWS (Jaffe Average WAR Score, which ranks a player's top seven years and averages them with their overall WAR), he ranked 16th as well (45.3).

He is a Hall of Famer, yes. But at least six other players should be in the Hall with him. And five of them probably won't be, because of 'roids - and the sixth is ToddCOORSFIELDHelton.
Could someone please explain why Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, etc. are being kept out for PED use... but Ortiz got in on his first round despite the fact that he once tested positive for steroids?!

...Do you think Roy Halladay never used roids? Do you think anyone who played from 1987 to 2004 never used PED's, or at least seriously considered it?

...Do you think Roy Halladay never used roids? Do you think anyone who played from 1987 to 2004 never used PED's, or at least seriously considered it?
Great. Now kindly explain a fair and logical reason as to why players from that era were eligible, but Bonds is not?

I’ll wait.

It wasn’t again the rules before 04. Without getting into legality, until testing and suspensions began in ‘04, you could roid up without getting punished by MLB.

It’s because Bonds, Clemens, and McGwire were complete twat-waffles while Ortiz was a big smiley guy with the media and if anyone needs to feel like the most important people in the room at all times, it’s baseball beat writers

It wasn’t again the rules before 04. Without getting into legality, until testing and suspensions began in ‘04, you could roid up without getting punished by MLB.
So you think that Bonds wouldn’t be a hall of fame player if you ignore his career post-2004?