[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Huh! Ok, on to the Astros!
Too bad I don't have my contact with the catering for Minute Maid Park. Last time, I took a job delivering beer. I got paid $70 to watch the first World Series game played in Texas.

But it really sucked, and I don't have it in me to goof off while on the clock with work to be done. So I only saw one at bat.

So. Astros vs. Dodgers.

I've seen this one before.

No, really, I have.

Back in the 1980's, I was looking around for a team to follow in the National League. I just could not get into the Cubs, and I loved those rainbow jerseys the Astros sported.

My dad decided to take the two of us on a "bonding" trip during spring break down to Houston, where we stayed at the Astroworld Hotel and walked across the parking lot to the Astrodome for these three games.

Yes, I actually got to see Fernando Valenzuela pitch in his rookie year. The big news in Astro-land was that they had traded away Jeffrey Leonard and Dave Bergman to the Giants for Mike Ivie.

I'll admit, I'm a bit torn as to which side I want to see win, but my heart's with Houston.

Oh.

Hm.

Yeah, that was a major FUBAR by Gurriel.

He should have been suspended for game four, not "wait until the first 5 games of 2018."

Oh.

Hm.

Yeah, that was a major FUBAR by Gurriel.

He should have been suspended for game four, not "wait until the first 5 games of 2018."
The commissioner could not win that one. If he suspended him during the WS it would be looked like he was helping out the West Coast Yankees. If he doesn't, it looks like he's trying to help the Astros.

The deciding play of Game 2 of the Japan series. Ruling on the field was out.

But upon review...

Why even have human umpires if the overhead cam is the only view that showed him safe?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Houston Astros are one win away from becoming World Series Champions.

Only problem: they have to win one of the next two in Los Angeles.

Well, crap. Yokohama nearly took the Softbank Hawks to a game 7 in the Japan Series after being down 3 games to 0. Took a 9th inning tying home run and a 12th inning walk-off ("sayonara") RBI single to do it. So it goes.

Why? Because we took a good offer when we saw it?

Won’t matter much, in the end. The Giants are still a busted up shitbox on cinder blocks, and the fucking Dodgers will probably stroll to another division win.

Welcome to small market baseball.

I haven't been to a Reds game in 4 years since they started "rebuilding" the year after they lost the wildcard in Pittsburgh. It started with Cueto & Leake, then Chapman. Bruce, Frazier, Phillips & now Cozart. If they think I'm paying major league prices to see the Joey Votto & friends AAA show, I'd just as soon go see the Louisville team play.