[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Brewers throwing batting practice in DC today. Nats go back-to-back-to-back-to-back in the 3rd. Eight for the game, and it's still only the 5th as I type this.

Last edited:
Bah. Watched live NPB this morning. far more entertaining than the last week of Pirates baseball. A 2-hit shutout in the biggest rivalry in the country needs no translation.

Welp, this is where screwing the pooch back in early August cost us. Praying that the Dodgers put up some kind of a fight against the Roxx, while we handle the Cardinals.

Come on you BayStars. Rooting for the Giants is too easy. Not those Giants, the other Giants. Not those, either. The OTHER, other Giants.

What's that? The Seattle Mariners didn't even break .500? Who could have guessed that would happen?! I really stepped back from baseball this year - in fact, I had to do some hard thinking about how much influence I was allowing sporting events, teams, and records to have on my mental health, so I stepped back from everything - so this year was amusing watching the still-diehard fans ride the rollercoaster of Mariners season emotions (We suck... we're great! We suck... we're great! We hit 500! We're back below 500! We're in the wildcard race! We're back below 500! Damnit! Why can't we lose during garbage time so we can get better draft picks?!). Hint: even if they got better draft picks, those morons wouldn't know what to do with them. So I think next year I won't even bother with the Mariners. If I get really desperate for some baseball, I'll start following the college teams around here, they seem to have a pretty big following.