[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Another present from Urinating Tree.

The Brewers one is coming. You just know it has to be. :p
I've been expecting one for a while. I love the Giants, and have loved them since I was a kid, but I'll be damned if they aren't a giant fucking mess right now.

On a side note, I got tickets behind home plate today! If anyone is watching the Giants game, you can see my ugly mug every time a batter is at the plate.

It will feature a ten minute rant on Ryan Braun, of course.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
I'd expect more of a "legacy of failure" style video. Starting with how Selig yoinked the Pilots from Seattle, to the so-close-and-yet-so-far Wallbangers era, to switching leagues for who knows why, to the "untuckem" bullshit (it's a uniform, not a TARP, Prince,) to now.

Doesn't count when you just buy them. I know this sounds strange, but other teams actually earn them. Weird, I know.
If we could "buy them", we should of had a lot more from the 2000's. We wasted a lot of money for nothing. (Yes, I'm looking at you, A-Rod.)

If we could "buy them", we should of had a lot more from the 2000's. We wasted a lot of money for nothing. (Yes, I'm looking at you, A-Rod.)
My condolences. A-Rod truly is a piece of shit who ruins everything. I don't think I've ever despised a baseball player more.

I always thought it was funny having Jeter and A-Rod on the same team. It was like having an angel and a devil on the same side, in terms of their personality.

I question a few of the "investments" the Yanks made in the 2000's , but I was against A-Rod from the start. I remember the bidding war and Mr. Z saying his stats were worth it, but there was something about him that I'm like "This guy seems scummy. I think it's a bad idea.". Then as soon as he gets to NY, he proves me right.

My cousin played for the Yankees. And the Yankees retired three of his numbers.[DOUBLEPOST=1500574198,1500573910][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, it was 2 Yankees jerseys and one Detroit Tigers jersey.

IIRC he was by far the best player during that run.
I have to go back and look, but I don't remember him running away with that series. He spent most Yankee tenure, on and off the field, acting like he was the second coming of Jesus, and frankly, he never had enough of an impact to support his ego.

Also, Yankees fans are so obnoxiously spoiled/entitled. Thanks for reminding me.
You're welcome! :D

between Ruth and Mantle. He was wearing Ruth's Jersey when it was retired. Then he played a season with Mantle and was cut to make room for Mantle's pay. Then Mantle took his jersey.
That "Like" was for your cousin making it into the major league, and at what a time! Not for the cutting, which is unfortunate.