[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

Haters gonna hate. :p

(But seriously, with the exception of 2009, it has not been a good 15 years for us. I blame the pox that is/was A-Rod.)

Last edited:
Yanks have a damn good nucleus of players right now that didn't get much playing time until they sold off Chapman and kicked A-Rod to the curb. They scare me, now that the Sawx are sans Papi.

Sent from my Nextbook

Honestly, fuck ESPN and most of the sports media for making everything about NY vs. Boston. It's a big rivalry, we get it. Imagine how those 2 fan bases would feel if everything in the media revolved around the SF vs. LA rivalry.

Yanks have a damn good nucleus of players right now that didn't get much playing time until they sold off Chapman and kicked A-Rod to the curb. They scare me, now that the Sawx are sans Papi.
I think we need another season or two of experimenting before they can really jell.

Honestly, fuck ESPN and most of the sports media for making everything about NY vs. Boston. It's a big rivalry, we get it. Imagine how those 2 fan bases would feel if everything in the media revolved around the SF vs. LA rivalry.
True, but that's how we feel with every other sport lately. Yanks Baseball is all we got! (No, Mets, you keep trying. *pats head*)

You've had the spotlight for around 20 years, if not more. It's okay for you to share once in a while.:p
I say "lately" because the Knicks were something 20+ years ago. But otherwise, what is there? I love the NY Giants, but the last thing I could call them is consistent. The Rangers? Even less, since the same amount of wins in even more of a gap. So what does that leave us with, the Jets? The Mets? The defecting traitors Nets? The Devils? *snirk* The Islanders?? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

...No.

For one of the world's biggest metropolitans, we have baseball. Legendary baseball. And that's about it.

I just know from personal experience that when the Yankees are hot, the rest of the division is just playing for second place.

Nowadays, if the Sawx and Yankees are hot, the other three teams in the East are playing for the second wild card.

Don't get me wrong - I love seeing the Bombers lose. Remember, they beat my Crew in '81 in our first post-season series, and my dad still holds a long grudge over that 1958 series loss.

Bad viewing tonight: the disintegration of the Green Bay Packers, or the disintegration of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Either way, #chicagosucks

Pressure is on Kershaw now. Can he really deliver when he's needed the most, his team's season on the line in enemy territory?

I keep trying to wrap my brain around having a Cubs/Indians World Series, and my brain keeps saying, "No, that can't be right. You're probably just having a stroke."

I think I'm going to have to watch this. Though I am slightly disappointed they're not letting Charlie Sheen throw a pitch.

...and there it is again. Words are coming out I never thought I'd say. I SMELL TOAST. DOES ANYONE ELSE SMELL TOAST?![DOUBLEPOST=1477193395,1477192911][/DOUBLEPOST]This also means Back to the Future Part II might have only been off by a year. That's still freaky. (Not that the Marlins thing could happen.)

I'm okay with either team winning. If it can't be the Giants, then I'll be happy to see another long-suffering fan base get to celebrate.

They still wear the Chief Wahoo hats at home, from what I understand.

Let's see - with the Cubs finally making the World Series, who's the team with the longest drought between their last World Series appearance?

...Oh, sorry, @DarkAudit, didn't see you there.

I see from MLB.com that there was some smartass in the stands as a foul ball was drifting toward the first base dugout side that put his hands up to keep fans from wanting to "reach out" to potentially grab a foul ball - which I believe Rizzo caught easily in foul territory.

EDIT: I was wrong, Javier Baez caught it.

Last edited:
This is what I was hoping for. If you're going to have two "WTF?" teams, make it a challenge, not a sweep.