Manbaw - I needs me a woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

Manbaw thread.

So I'm in Subway today, and there's this pretty person next to me who has the most gorgeous drop dead topaz blue eyes I've ever seen.. I mean these things could pierce a balloon a mile away, and her smile was the prettiest I've seen in a long time. I at least got enough nerve to ask her where she works (she was wearing a work shirt but I couldn't make it out at first)..but dammit - I was too chickenshit to go further and ask for her number!

I guess I have one more shot.. go to Red Robin and hope I get her table?
I am NOT good at meeting new people.. people I KNOW, I'm ok, but meeting someone out of the blue, especially someone I'm attracted to, I get tongue tied to the max, afraid I'm going to just blurt out "wangothemovieswithme!!" and run off like a little girl..

The Neon Grue said:
I'm ok, but meeting someone out of the blue, especially someone I'm attracted to, I get tongue tied to the max, afraid I'm going to just blurt out "wangothemovieswithme!!" and run off like a little girl..
I'd pay to watch that...

M

Matt²

..... I can try recording it and I have a Paypal but I'd charge $100 minimum to view.. I mean come on, we're talking my personal embarassment here!

I used to be a lot like that. Well still am usually. Just incapable of going that extra step and asking for a number. But the truth is once you actually try it, you find that it's not as hard as it looks.
I'm currently dating someone I took a chance with. I met her at a volunteer meeting at the local animal shelter. I saw her sitting, asked her if the seat next to her was taken, and then struck up a conversation with her. At the end I asked her if we could exchange numbers.
So far the payoff has been good.

M

Matt²

well instead of just ignoring me when we left, she seemed to make a point to wish me a good day..if she weren't interested, would she normally have done that?

The Neon Grue said:
well instead of just ignoring me when we left, she seemed to make a point to wish me a good day..if she weren't interested, would she normally have done that?
Doesn't matter.
Personally I think that showing up at that Red Robin, at least any time soon, would be creepy. Maybe you'll get lucky and see her on the Subway again.

The Neon Grue said:
..... I can try recording it and I have a Paypal but I'd charge $100 minimum to view.. I mean come on, we're talking my personal embarassment here!
You're overestimating your embarrassment's worth... you should go for quantity instead...

Personally I think that showing up at that Red Robin, at least any time soon, would be creepy. Maybe you'll get lucky and see her on the Subway again.
Question is, would you rather be creepy, or alone? (better plan, find out when they get off and "accidentally" bump into her when she's going home... preferably in the subway again... more stalkerish, but harder to notice :twisted: )

I vote just trying to overcome your being tongue tied (it does get easier with time, but the hardest step is always just approaching them), going to the Red Robin, asking if (I'm assuming you got her name) is there, and just being honest. Something to the tune of, "I don't want to be creepy, but I'm normally not good at talking to new people. I sort of regretted not saying something last time, but I thought you were really cute, and was wondering if you might want to go grab dinner sometime."

I also found that making a joke/just having a good sense of humor helps you get over the tongue-tied-ness. She laughs, you feel better about yourself, and you both are more relaxed.

Good luck to you, man.

Next time make sure that you have some business cards on you. Don't ask for her number - give her yours. You can play this one of two ways. You could either say, "Here's the number to my business. Call me if you want to go have coffee sometime." or, "Here's the number to my business. If you ever need help with your computer bring it over - I'll give you a deal."

Either way you show her that you are interested without being pushy and that you own your own business!! Instant attractive.

You're welcome.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago, only I was at Wendy’s.
My mind went blank and I couldn’t think of a thing to say to say.

Unfortunately I tend to have a running commentary running through my head questioning me on why this person would want me attempting to talk to them anyway.

Kovac said:
I was in the same situation a few weeks ago, only I was at Wendy’s.
My mind went blank and I couldn’t think of a thing to say to say.

Unfortunately I tend to have a running commentary running through my head questioning me on why this person would want me attempting to talk to them anyway.
Walk up to her, nod and say, "Wendy's - it's hot & juicy!" Wink and then walk away slowly, swishing your hips like a two-bit whore.

Gets 'em every time.

Q

quandofloo

Next week you and a friend go to Red Robin. You have to have someone else there with you or it will be incredibly creepy. Hope that you do not get her table but look around to see if she is working. As you are leaving you approach her and give her a business card and say what Dave suggested. While it might come off as creepy your only chance is to make some sort of move. You have to put the ball in her court though so just give her a card, tell her to call if she wants to grab coffee, then leave.

Exactly. It's really the best way to show that you are interested but not pushy or creepy. Put her at ease. Plus it shows you own your own business! I can't stress that enough. It shows that you are stable, ambitious and gives the impression that you are wealthy. I know that you're not, but people have misconceptions about people who own their own business.

Get her name from where she works without her knowning. Then find her phone number in the white pages. Call her several times in the middle of the night and breathe heavily.

Shawnacy said:
Get her name from where she works without her knowing. Then find her phone number in the white pages.
This will give you an address. Dig up a grave - making sure the burial was as recent as possible. Cut off an ear. Send it to her in a package with a note that you got the idea from Van Gogh. Include a cassette tape with the song "Vincent (Starry Night)".

Edrondol said:
Shawnacy said:
Get her name from where she works without her knowing. Then find her phone number in the white pages.
This will give you an address. Dig up a grave - making sure the burial was as recent as possible. Cut off an ear. Send it to her in a package with a note that you got the idea from Van Gogh. Include a cassette tape with the song "Vincent (Starry Night)".
Why stop there? Send the entire body. Expensive... but worth it.

Shawnacy said:
Edrondol said:
Shawnacy said:
That's just creepy! Sending the ear and referencing Van Gogh shows that you are learned and committed at the same time. The fact that it's not YOUR ear shows that you are not a fucking moron.

Edrondol said:
Shawnacy said:
Edrondol said:
Shawnacy said:
That's just creepy! Sending the ear and referencing Van Gogh shows that you are learned and committed at the same time. The fact that it's not YOUR ear shows that you are not a smurfing moron.
It shows you are quite possibly a mad scientist and have grand goals in life.

Shawnacy said:
Edrondol said:
Shawnacy said:
You need to keep the body just in case she says no. Then you can dress it up and pretend it's her. Either way you win.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMobqWhpsk:2n3ggtea][/youtube:2n3ggtea]

S

Singularity.EXE

So unless you meet this girl by pure random happenstance, I don't think you'll have luck in asking her out. Showing up at the work place is a bit creepy, not to mention the sheer logistics of it (getting there at the right time, getting in the right section etc) but I think that's a lost shot.

Which is what should motivate you in the future. Realize that you might not see the next cute girl ever again unless you act upon it! And even if she rejects you, realize that at you might not see the next cute girl ever again. So it doesn't matter!

And, as a matter of pride I should mention that I was given a phone number from this cute girl at the Decemberists concert last Tuesday. But alas, I threw it away afterwards 'cause I'm already in a relationship, but I still got a girls number! I still got the charm! Whoo!

I had a similar situation a couple months back but am proud to say that despite the whole thing eventually not going my way, I actually DID something.

Gusto said:
I had a similar situation a couple months back but am proud to say that despite the whole thing eventually not going my way, I actually DID something.
Glad to see someone has taken my advice.

C

Chazwozel

The Neon Grue said:

Ah Christ...

No, she was just being nice because you were talking to her numbnuts. I meet a new person everyday in my building and shoot the shit with them in the elevator, if you talk to a person it's common courtesy to say "have a nice day". Saying goodbye doesn't mean she wants to go on a date and have babies with you.

Chazwozel said:
The Neon Grue said:

Ah Christ...

No, she was just being nice because you were talking to her numbnuts. I meet a new person everyday in my building and shoot the shit with them in the elevator, if you talk to a person it's common courtesy to say "have a nice day". Saying goodbye doesn't mean she wants to go on a date and have babies with you.
Yeah I superagree with Chaz here.

I say "have a nice day", "have a good one", or something similar to every customer I've served for the past 7 years, regardless of age, gender, or attractiveness. I don't think any of them thought I was "interested".

W

Wasabi Poptart

Gusto said:
Chazwozel said:
The Neon Grue said:

Ah Christ...

Yeah I superagree with Chaz here.

I say "have a nice day", "have a good one", or something similar to every customer I've served for the past 7 years, regardless of age, gender, or attractiveness. I don't think any of them thought I was "interested".
Ninja'd

I was going to say if you work in the service industry in any capacity, then "have a nice day" and similar phrases become part of your everyday language even if you aren't at work. I still do it with a smile just like I was taught in my customer service seminars.

Status
Not open for further replies.