Manbaw - I needs me a woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

Chazwozel said:
The Neon Grue said:
My plan: [strike:uaae6od1]Stalk her to the max..[/strike:uaae6od1] thankfully I've grown out of that., but it's good to know that going to her work is seen as creepy. I didn't know that.

My plan: cringe and cower and pray she returns to Subway today, :p :thumbsup: I'll eat there and wait a while instead of taking take-out.

FUCKING A!!! NO! LET IT FUCKING GO. "Oh I'm glad I finally 'bumped' into you, I've been eating lunch in the subway for the past month like a bum scouring the trains to see if you'd come off.

Dude, how do you even know if she has a boyfriend? Lesbian? Not looking for love? Doesn't find you attractive? You're really setting yourself up here and wasting your time. You had a shot and you blew it, MOVE ON! I don't want to be mean, but man your game sucks ass.
There is some quality advice.. :eyeroll:

The worst case scenario is to be turned down. While for some they hate being rejected, once you get it a few times, it stings less and less. There's plenty of fish out there and you have no emotional attachment to this prospect. Now, you'll feel the sting of "What if?" and it only gets worse as times go on as you think about her. You really need to ball up and if she was interested enough to give you the time of day, you should ask her a few questions leading to what you initially asked. "Thank god it's Friday, huh? lol" "how's work been today?" be supportive, then ask "I don't know if you're available, but I really like talking to you and maybe... we could go out for a a coffee or drink?" at worse, she'll turn you down... "i got a bf" "i'm married" bla bla bla... one thing is for sure though, you would have made her day. if she accepts, then make sure to ask "can i kindly have your phone number?" don't just give her yours, some of them, DON'T CALL, cause some women are shy, just like you.

At this point, let it go for a few days. Next week, go to where she works with a friend. if you're lucky enough to bump into her, tell her, she made you think about eating here and you wanted to see her again, and wanted to ask her if she's available for coffee or a drink.

if she turns you down, move on, balls up SIR, you kinda blew it, stop hoping that things turn out like in those teen movies with happy endings.

80% chance is at this point, the only happy ending you'll have is rubbing one out while thinking about her.

Mav said:
Chazwozel said:
The Neon Grue said:
My plan: [strike:4i7g475e]Stalk her to the max..[/strike:4i7g475e] thankfully I've grown out of that., but it's good to know that going to her work is seen as creepy. I didn't know that.

My plan: cringe and cower and pray she returns to Subway today, :p :thumbsup: I'll eat there and wait a while instead of taking take-out.

FUCKING A!!! NO! LET IT FUCKING GO. "Oh I'm glad I finally 'bumped' into you, I've been eating lunch in the subway for the past month like a bum scouring the trains to see if you'd come off.

Dude, how do you even know if she has a boyfriend? Lesbian? Not looking for love? Doesn't find you attractive? You're really setting yourself up here and wasting your time. You had a shot and you blew it, MOVE ON! I don't want to be mean, but man your game sucks ass.
There is some quality advice.. :eyeroll:
There is a judgment springing from a wealth of experience. :eyeroll:

R

Rubicon

Jake said:
Mav said:
Well I fail to see how he's lost his shot here. Should he have spoken up? Debatable. Is there anything wrong, creepy or weird in hoping he see's her again or whatnot? No, he's interested.

Now when he starts to build a candle light shrine of her pictures in his apartment..then we can break out the bum scouring wtf comments..

I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard at a thread (not at you Neon, just some of the hilarious posts in this). You guys win.

Mav said:
Jake said:
Mav said:
Well I fail to see how he's lost his shot here. Should he have spoken up? Debatable. Is there anything wrong, creepy or weird in hoping he see's her again or whatnot? No, he's interested.

Now when he starts to build a candle light shrine of her pictures in his apartment..then we can break out the bum scouring wtf comments..
Speaking from experience, if you ask a girl on the subway where she works and then show up to her place of business to make googly eyes and maybe ask her out, she will be creeped out, like 98% of the time.

*sees the title and pops in... then sees where this thread is going*

... I'm totally staying the fuck out of this one.

*leaves*

C

Chazwozel

Mav said:
Jake said:
Mav said:

Ok, Mav, I'll type this out as clear as I can because you're an obvious social retard.

If he goes to her place of work, or hangs out in the subway to meet her it will tell her one thing and one thing only: this guy got my information without me giving it to him. It's an invasion of privacy. Believe it or not, women are not objects to pursue like wanting to buy a Corvette. They get pissed off if a total stranger invites himself into their personal space and shows a totally creepy sign of pursuit.

Hanging out in a goddamn subway and going out of your way to "bump" into her is borderline stalking. You get one and only one shot to make an impression with a total stranger, and he blew it. It's not a big deal. Live and learn for next time; get a girl's number. And it's very doubtful that she'd give him her number after an exchange of a few sentences about her work shirt on a train. Ed's idea about giving her his card --for business purposes --was the best approach he could of taken to see and get to know her better.

Mav said:
ZenMonkey said:
You'd be best to just get a few cats, they'll keep you company.
No no, sweetie, my cats are a substitution for children, not a relationship. Try to keep up.

I'm this thing they call "married." What's your qualification again? Oh right, not ever wanting to be involved with women ever ever ever.

By all means accept advice from this man.

R

Rubicon

Wow, someone can't take a joke..

Notice I never gave him actual serious advice? A joke, yea. Nothing even remotely what I'd call "serious" advice.

And I'll refrain from a rebuttal.. your mod shield is at full strength.

Mav said:

Notice I never gave him actual serious advice? A joke, yea. Nothing even remotely what I'd call "serious" advice.

While you didn't give him any direct advice, you DID condone his creepystalker course-of-action.

Mav said:
What you said about me was pretty mild since you're scared of my "mod shield" (which makes sense since I do go on those mass permabanning sprees).

But if you think that post about what the women on this forum would say doesn't solidify your reputation as a misogynistic slime -- as if it needed any more validation -- then you are sadly mistaken.

R

Rubicon

Gusto said:
Mav said:

While you didn't give him any direct advice, you DID condone his creepystalker course-of-action.
Yea but to be fair I don't consider what he's planning to do as stalkerish..

I mean if he starts keeping a lock of her hair he somehow ninja cut off of her in his wallet and sniffs it as he falls asleep each night or some twisted shit like that.. Totally agree. Seeking her out one time after seeing her that one day for a brief period?.. Nah not so much.

Mav said:
Gusto said:
Mav said:

Yea but to be fair I don't consider what he's planning to do as stalkerish..

I mean if he starts keeping a lock of her hair he somehow ninja cut off of her in his wallet and sniffs it as he falls asleep each night or some twisted shit like that.. Totally agree. Seeking her out one time after seeing her that one day for a brief period?.. Nah not so much.
See, and I consider stalking to be stalkerish, seeing as he knows nothing about this girl.

Whereas I would describe what you've detailed as voodoo witchcraft.

Agree to disagree, I guess. :thumbsup:

R

Rubicon

ZenMonkey said:
Mav said:
What you said about me was pretty mild since you're scared of my "mod shield" (which makes sense since I do go on those mass permabanning sprees).

But if you think that post about what the women on this forum would say doesn't solidify your reputation as a misogynistic slime -- as if it needed any more validation -- then you are sadly mistaken.

There needs to be a new forum rule.. mods can't just outright insult regular posters, I mean if we reply in retaliation we'd just be banned.. cause yea I can easily think of a million not so nice things to say about you.. But no, I try to keep it civil, even when I make a joke..

Mav said:
mods can't just outright insult regular posters, I mean if we reply in retaliation we'd just be banned
Find me a single example where this happened.

Shannow

Staff member
Mav said:
your mod shield is at full strength.

Yeah, dont you love that?

Anywhoo, the best answer to this is simply:

-- Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm --

ZenMonkey said:
Mav said:
mods can't just outright insult regular posters, I mean if we reply in retaliation we'd just be banned

/wave :D

M

Matt²

ok I think you're misunderstanding a few things, Chazwozel..

1: Subway..the RESTAURANT..not a subway STATION. I live in podunkville-wannabe-big-city-but-small-city Oregon, not NY City.

2: SHE gave me the info for where she works

3: I have no real intentions of stalking her

4: I thought I would give chance encounters another try.. FFS my shop is 300 feet from getting a sandwich, I can almost see it out my window.

5: I *NEVER* play the field. That means I NEVER ask women out everyday, which though you make it sound like you do it all the time, I DO NOT. It is a NEW experience for me.
That doesn't mean I'm going to go all "stalker Dave" (name pulled out of thin air) on her, I just want to see if lightning can strike in the same place twice.. If not, I'll let it go and move on.

Wow, gorram.

Guys... women are PEOPLE.. alright? Human beings.. they're not the love interest in a movie that exist purely as a romantic foil for you... they have to be as interested in you as you are in them. The camera did not make a close up of her face a sshe said "have a nice day", the music swelling up to point out there was a connection.

No.

What I find more disturbing about this is how much some of you guys are piling up onto this just cause she was pretty. That's not enough.. you should NOT pursue a girl to go-to-her-workplace means just cause she's pretty. Again, there's a complex human being beneath that attractive exterior you rave on so much about, there's much more to her than that... you thinking she's pretty won't flatter her enough to go out on a date with you, there has to be more of a connection than that if it's already been days since you met her.

Seriously, take a step back. You're acting as if you thought she was PERFECT for you, in all ways possible.. jsut cause she has pretty eyes and a great smile. You're considering doing shenanigans like in a chick flick movie with hugh grant or something over a girl that could, for all you know, eat babies for dessert.

Stop.. just STOP. And let it be a lesson learned towards next time you meet a girl you are really really attracted to... have the "If I don't say something now it'll be a shot missed, just like with the red robin girl" on your mind.. take a deep breath.. and just talk to her like you would talk to a friend of yours you haven't seen in years. Friendly, but not too close. Get to know her a little before deciding she's dating material, and let HER see you're dating material.

Zen is not a mod. She's an Admin. She makes even the mods quiver in fear.

What people need to understand is Edrondol = Zen in board power rating.

But the other mods have the passwords, too...

R

Rubicon

ZenMonkey said:
Mav said:
Oh I never said it has happened, I meant it would happen.

You can sit back and flame with impunity, perks of the job I guess. The rest of us have to tip toe around egg shells with what we say against a mod, potentially.

Cause yea.. Whereas I try to be civil, you just throw that shit out the door, I mean seriously what did you have for breakfast, Carnation Instant Bitch?

doomdragon6

Staff member
I have an obsessive personality, so I completely understand the constant thought and wanting to see her again, and all these other various ideas.

And I'll go ahead and say that trying to force it usually does creep them out. I've never turned a girl away faster than by trying too hard.

But then again, I can't give any advice that works because I got my girlfriend the easy way--- friends for a few years then "Oh look we care about each other." :p

Edrondol said:
Zen is not a mod. She's an Admin. She makes even the mods quiver in fear.

What people need to understand is Edrondol = Zen in board power rating.

But the other mods have the passwords, too...
It shouldn't matter, is the thing.

If Mav has something to say, he should say it. Zen isn't fast and loose with the banhammer, and certainly isn't thin-skinned.

Shannow

Staff member
Calleja said:
Wow, gorram.

Guys... women are PEOPLE.. alright? Human beings.. they're not the love interest in a movie that exist purely as a romantic foil for you... they have to be as interested in you as you are in them. The camera did not make a close up of her face a sshe said "have a nice day", the music swelling up to point out there was a connection.

No.

What I find more disturbing about this is how much some of you guys are piling up onto this just cause she was pretty. That's not enough.. you should NOT pursue a girl to go-to-her-workplace means just cause she's pretty. Again, there's a complex human being beneath that attractive exterior you rave on so much about, there's much more to her than that... you thinking she's pretty won't flatter her enough to go out on a date with you, there has to be more of a connection than that if it's already been days since you met her.

Seriously, take a step back. You're acting as if you thought she was PERFECT for you, in all ways possible.. jsut cause she has pretty eyes and a great smile. You're considering doing shenanigans like in a chick flick movie with hugh grant or something over a girl that could, for all you know, eat babies for dessert.

Stop.. just STOP. And let it be a lesson learned towards next time you meet a girl you are really really attracted to... have the "If I don't say something now it'll be a shot missed, just like with the red robin girl" on your mind.. take a deep breath.. and just talk to her like you would talk to a friend of yours you haven't seen in years. Friendly, but not too close. Get to know her a little before deciding she's dating material, and let HER see you're dating material.
Wow, gorram.

No.

He is completely right. THEN you can take her home and get yourself some herpes.

Mav said:
Cause yea.. Whereas I try to be civil, you just throw that shit out the door
If you think calling a woman a castrator is civil, it's no wonder you're the least successful person on this forum in the realm of dating.

Mav said:
I mean seriously what did you have for breakfast, Carnation Instant Bitch?
Nope, I ran out. This is all natural, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.