Manbaw - I needs me a woman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm certainly a more friendly polite person for having worked in service, but I doubt ANYONE ever mistakes it for flirting.

Usually a cigar is just a cigar in this case, Grueman.

R

Rubicon

ok ok ok I've got it, this will work, guaranteed

walk up to her in Red Robin, dont even bother getting a table in her section, look her dead in the eye and say

"That's not a Tricorder in my pocket, I'm just happy to see you."

boom, she's yours

M

Matt²

Damn, Ed.. now I'm majorly kicking myself. I DO carry business cards with me at all times! but yeah, my mind pretty much went blank on me.

The subway is around the corner from my business, she was obviously on her lunch. If fate has any way in this perhaps I'll see her again, but I won't go to Red Robin..for at least a week! :D

TNG.

Ask the women here what they would expect in the first impression, I'm sure they'll have a ton of insight. If you see this girl routinely - once or twice a week - and take a little time to talk to her, it will level your relationship from stranger to acquaintance.

Yes, I do happen to get my advice from dating sims. :tongue:

Now stop whining and get to it, bub. :slap:

C

Chazwozel

To add on a bit: Neon, you blew your chance. Let it go. If by some miracle of miracles you bump into this chick again, then you can try some pick up tactics, but for all intensive purposes it's done and over with and you should just use the experience to remember not to chicken out next time.

DO NOT STALK HER AT WORK!

-- Fri May 29, 2009 10:06 am --

Mav said:
ok ok ok I've got it, this will work, guaranteed

walk up to her in Red Robin, dont even bother getting a table in her section, look her dead in the eye and say

"That's not a Tricorder in my pocket, I'm just happy to see you."

boom, she's yours

AND NEVER TAKE PICK-UP LINE ADVICE FROM MAV! :whistling:

The only thing I really get frustrated about in these threads is how much some of you guys overthink this shit.

Chazwozel said:
To add on a bit: Neon, you blew your chance. Let it go. If by some miracle of miracles you bump into this chick again, then you can try some pick up tactics, but for all intensive purposes it's done and over with and you should just use the experience to remember not to chicken out next time.

DO NOT STALK HER AT WORK!
Yeah, a million times this.

I work with a bunch of ladies who have had dudes coming in time after time, looking for them. It's creepy and terrifying and NOT endearing.

We actually have our own set of rules for it!

Listen, I'm a skinny dude, but in uniform and at work, I tend to look bigger and more intense. I have BEEN USED AS A BOUNCER AT OUR GODDAMN GROCERY STORE.

Don't be That Guy, Neon.

Chazwozel said:
The only thing I really get frustrated about in these threads is how much some of you guys overthink this shit.
Mine was good though, right? Do I still have what it takes to be the smooth talking Casanova?

C

Chazwozel

Edrondol said:
Chazwozel said:
The only thing I really get frustrated about in these threads is how much some of you guys overthink this poop.
Mine was good though, right? Do I still have what it takes to be the smooth talking Casanova?
Yeah but your advice wasn't over thinking anything. It was pretty much a really good way to give the girl info without sounding personal about it. It's these "go to Red Robin with a dozen flowers and woo her with a love ballet" stories that I could do without. :D

And you also acknowledged that he blew his chance. Anything now that goes out of your way to get her info just seems stalkerish and creepy.

That comic that was posted was great though, but it also works on reversed genders. I was at a bar with my buddy once and this mildly attractive girl sat next to us. Well I she joined up in one of our football conversations. Long story short, she thought I was flirting with her and got pissed off when she found out I had a wife. "Well, does your wife know you go around bars and try to pick up girls?" I was kinda flabbergasted. I didn't realize NOT buying you any drinks and talking Steelers football was 'flirting'. :rofl: Plus, it's not like I don't wear a wedding ring or something. People are weird.

I was talking about digging up the body and going all Van Gogh, but I'll take what I can get. :tongue:

Chazwozel said:
That comic that was posted was great though, but it also works on reversed genders. I was at a bar with my buddy once and this mildly attractive girl sat next to us. Well I she joined up in one of our football conversations. Long story short, she thought I was flirting with her and got pissed off when she found out I had a wife. "Well, does your wife know you go around bars and try to pick up girls?" I was kinda flabbergasted. I didn't realize NOT buying you any drinks and talking Steelers football was 'flirting'. :rofl: Plus, it's not like I don't wear a wedding ring or something. People are weird.
So?

DOES your wife know?

DOES SHE!?

C

Chazwozel

Gusto said:
Chazwozel said:
That comic that was posted was great though, but it also works on reversed genders. I was at a bar with my buddy once and this mildly attractive girl sat next to us. Well I she joined up in one of our football conversations. Long story short, she thought I was flirting with her and got * off when she found out I had a wife. "Well, does your wife know you go around bars and try to pick up girls?" I was kinda flabbergasted. I didn't realize NOT buying you any drinks and talking Steelers football was 'flirting'. :rofl: Plus, it's not like I don't wear a wedding ring or something. People are weird.
So?

DOES your wife know?

DOES SHE!?
Yeah, I told her apparently I'm prime grade A, beef and she needs to chaperon me to the bar to fend off the hordes of women that flock before my feet. She got a pretty good laugh.

Chazwozel said:
Gusto said:
Chazwozel said:
That comic that was posted was great though, but it also works on reversed genders. I was at a bar with my buddy once and this mildly attractive girl sat next to us. Well I she joined up in one of our football conversations. Long story short, she thought I was flirting with her and got * off when she found out I had a wife. "Well, does your wife know you go around bars and try to pick up girls?" I was kinda flabbergasted. I didn't realize NOT buying you any drinks and talking Steelers football was 'flirting'. :rofl: Plus, it's not like I don't wear a wedding ring or something. People are weird.
So?

DOES your wife know?

DOES SHE!?
Yeah, I told her apparently I'm prime grade A, beef and she needs to chaperon me to the bar to fend off the hordes of women that flock before my feet. She got a pretty good laugh.
Good stuff. :rofl:

R

Rubicon

BlackCrossCrusader said:
TNG.

Ask the women here what they would expect in the first impression, I'm sure they'll have a ton of insight.
Dude, seriously?

Seriously?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whatever you do, do not even think about that.. You're going to get so many criss crossed answers...just no. Never ask our female population on the forums for womenly advice..

My wife would say, "Let her keep you for a few hours - she'll bring you back. It's whether I'll TAKE you that is the question."

Mav said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
TNG.

Ask the women here what they would expect in the first impression, I'm sure they'll have a ton of insight.
Dude, seriously?

Seriously?

Whatever you do, do not even think about that.. You're going to get so many criss crossed answers...just no. Never ask our female population on the forums for womenly advice..
As of this moment, you've just highlighted how little you know about women. :zoid:

R

Rubicon

BlackCrossCrusader said:
As of this moment, you've just highlighted how little you know about women. :zoid:
I could be Nostra-freakin-domus..

It'd turn out something along the lines of..

Shego said:
Find out her address, sit outside her house with a big cardboard sign that has a heart painted on it, IN YOUR OWN BLOOD
SeraRealm said:
Hmmm play it safe rather than sorry, go ahead and castrate yourself, less painful in the end
ZenMonkey said:
You'd be best to just get a few cats, they'll keep you company.
HowDroll said:
Whatever you do, don't post her picture on the forum
Cajangal said:
Vytamindi said:
Ask her to dress up as Daffne from Scooby Doo while you blow her..er she blows you
:confused:

(these aren't actual quotes but what I'd call close to accurate as to what they'd say lol..)

BlackCrossCrusader said:
Mav said:
BlackCrossCrusader said:
TNG.

Dude, seriously?

Seriously?

Did it really need to be highlighted?

Of course you'll get different answers! They are individual people. But I'd be willing to bet that every last one of them would think it's creepy to show up at the girl's work. :uhhuh:

edit: Oh, Mav. You really do know how to fan the flames don't you? Time to get NR to take off his pants and I'm gonna get me some :popcorn:

Seriously, the women here that aren't murderous are rather friendly. Mostly they can be unfriendly if the dude is being a misogynist about women, if a dude turns a non-manbaw thread into a manbaw thread, or if there is just too much complaining.

Heck, if you ask for advice, it shows you're more committed to doing something about your problems than you are complaining about it.

L

Lally

Hmmmm... satisfy my schadenfreude or defend the forumettes... decisions decisions...

You should definitely take advice from Mav-anova over women in relationships! :) We don't know diddly about what attracts us to men.

Lally said:
Hmmmm... satisfy my schadenfreude or defend the forumettes... decisions decisions...

You should definitely take advice from Mav-anova over women in relationships! :) We don't know diddly about what attracts us to men.
I thought what attracted you to men WAS the diddly.

M

Matt²

My plan: [strike:v9ss73al]Stalk her to the max..[/strike:v9ss73al] thankfully I've grown out of that., but it's good to know that going to her work is seen as creepy. I didn't know that.

My plan: cringe and cower and pray she returns to Subway today, :p :thumbsup: I'll eat there and wait a while instead of taking take-out.

C

Chazwozel

The Neon Grue said:
My plan: [strike:2lg31jil]Stalk her to the max..[/strike:2lg31jil] thankfully I've grown out of that., but it's good to know that going to her work is seen as creepy. I didn't know that.

My plan: cringe and cower and pray she returns to Subway today, :p :thumbsup: I'll eat there and wait a while instead of taking take-out.

FUCKING A!!! NO! LET IT FUCKING GO. "Oh I'm glad I finally 'bumped' into you, I've been eating lunch in the subway for the past month like a bum scouring the trains to see if you'd come off.

Dude, how do you even know if she has a boyfriend? Lesbian? Not looking for love? Doesn't find you attractive? You're really setting yourself up here and wasting your time. You had a shot and you blew it, MOVE ON! I don't want to be mean, but man your game sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.