[Brazelton] Mad Magazine

I could never find an issue to buy from the comic store near by the couple of times I thought about it. Shop owners said they always sold out rather quick.

Sucks. I never got to enjoy their latest comic sized renaissance.

I used to live for finding one of the paperback collections at Goodwill or a garage sale. The details in the background of the older ones were nothing short of amazing, and to this day, I still use one of my favorite background, throwaway gags - "Does your nose run? Do your feet smell? Uh oh, you're build upside down!"

So I found issues 1-500 on the high seas, but they're all in *.cbr format. I have the Comicrack app to read them. So is there really any point to making any effort to convert to pdf? I found a decent online batch converter, but I can only do about a dozen per day without paying.

I used to live for finding one of the paperback collections at Goodwill or a garage sale. The details in the background of the older ones were nothing short of amazing, and to this day, I still use one of my favorite background, throwaway gags - "Does your nose run? Do your feet smell? Uh oh, you're build upside down!"
I still remember I had an old MAD repring from the 50s. I had Valentine cards, I still remember my favorite. "If you are so smart and so cunning, why is your nose always running?"

Even big news sites and newspapers over here reports on it. Looks like it will turn into a zombie magazin. No new material, only old stuff with a new cover for each "new" issue. Exception will be the end of the year issue. The issues will only be sold directly from the publisher or will be available via subscription.

I also had a sub. It got passed around in class and usually confiscated. I've got some old ones in a box at my folks' place. I liked the Next Generation spoofs they did. I loved the caricature art style they had for celebrities.

My buddy and I drew and wrote a couple of pages of a super-hero comic, and he drew in between the panels with silly little figures.

My uncle bought Mad Magazine, and I read them. My first memories about it was from the Saturday Night Fever spoof, and the Star Wars ones. So I was about 8 or 9 when Don Martin, Dave Berg and Sergio Aragones along with Spy vs. Spy formed my humour. :)

RIP Mad, bye Alfred E. Neumann (Yes, german version has 2 n at then end).