1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Star Wars themed prop?

Discussion in 'Pez's Playhouse & Cosplay Corner' started by AshburnerX, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshburnerX

AshburnerX Resident Boo Radley

Books:
    My friends at Redlamp Arts are doing a Kickstarter to get their new and improved Thermal Detonator prop out to the public. Rachel has been making previous versions for years and has always been swamped with orders, which is what led to the simpler, DIY redesign. These things have been a huge hit with the Star Wars cosplay/costumer community for years and this is basically the first time she's been able to get a large number of them out to the community at large.

Rewards right now are...

- Foil Stickers, featuring a custom design
    - Cold cast aluminum detonator key chains (30mm diameter)
    - T-shirts (by Preston). Two designs available. Sizes for adults are S-4XL and child sizes are XS-XL.
    - DIY assembly version of the thermal detonator
    - Fully assembled, hand polished version of the detonator, which comes complete with lights and sound effects, triggered by pulling back on the handle.

You can add extra shirts or detonators if you'd like, just mention it to her.

She's only aiming at 5k right now, but she does have stretch goals in the works, including adding in ring stands for the dets (for those who just want to display them on their shelves). So go and help her out.

2. Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix Self immolating mythical bird

Books:
    These look awesome... I'm pretty sure I've seen her thermal detonator work before on therpf.com (she does excellent stuff from what I've seen). I definitely want one and will be following the kickstarter.

3. AshburnerX

Books:
    She used to costume as Darth Revan many years ago, but she had to sell that costume a few years back. But yeah, she does great stuff. She has a website, but most of her stuff ends up on her twitter and her deviant art page.

4. AshburnerX

Books:
    Just a heads up. My friends have raised over 10,000 dollars so far and they are in the home stretch. If you are at all interested in getting one of these amazing negotiating devices, you have a little over 48 hours to pledge. This is likely the last time she will be making these, so pledge now if you want one.

As an aside, here are the current bonuses in play:

- If you pledge more than $5, you get an extra sticker.
    - If you pledge more than $25, you are getting the Challenge Coin. It's design has not been finalized, so I can't put up a picture.
    - If you pledge more than $50, you will be getting a key chain. If your already getting one, you get another one on top of that.
    - All pledges that are getting an actual detonator (so any pledge $50 or more) are getting a ring stand to display it with. They will also upgrade your ring stand from the normal plastic one to a glossy gold plated steel version for an extra $7 per a stand.

To everyone who's pledged, thanks a lot. It really means a lot to my friend and I. To everyone who has helped spread the word, you get a double thanks. She never could have done this well without your help.

5. Bowielee

Bowielee Globally ignored since 1975

Books:
    george lucas.JPG

"George Lucas gonna sue somebody..."

6. AshburnerX

Books:
    You'd think so, but no... it's designed for the fan community and Lucas has been notoriously lenient with fans making/selling things to be used in costuming. As long as you don't advertise it as official, they are generally okay with it. It's handled sort of like fan fiction.

7. Bowielee

Bowielee Globally ignored since 1975

Books:
    In case you missed the increadibly obvious, it was a joke.

8. AshburnerX

Books:
    Thanks to everyone who supported my friend's kickstarter. She raised over $12,000 and shipped more than 130 detonators thanks to your support! Emboldened by the success of her last project, she's decided to do another. As always, I appreciate any help you guys can give getting the word out!

Hide your Padawans! Introducing the Darkside Holocron!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.