[Important] LittleSin: The Christmasing

Dave

Staff member
@LittleSin had to use her Christmas savings because of stupid car troubles. So they have nothing for Christmas. Well, we can't have that!

Let's give them a Christmas! Please note that the donations will go to me and then I'll send the money to her. And the donated amount is +$50 because I can't send it to myself.

Let's do this!

I've been in some stupidly tough times in my life, and know how much it can suck when your feet get kicked out from under you just when you think you've got your head above water. I've had some amazing friends that were willing to help me out during the toughest times, and I know how hard it is to ask for that kind of help.

Thankfully, I'm in a much better place these days, and can afford to lend a bit of a helping hand. :D

I just don't know how to properly express my thanks.

I can't really talk to my parents or sister about it, you know? My parents are above middle class people and they believe I should always have a fund for emergencies. They are right..but what happens when you use the emergency fund on another pressing matter and you haven't had enough time to refill it yet, you know?

I thought we were doing so well. We had our selves nicely budgeted, money for Christmas in place, bills being paid and some money for recreation set aside. Like, Blue is big in MtG and was going to do a release tonight (or next week? I can't recall.) and Jet wants to see Big Hero 6. The latter is now being skipped but Jet will still get to see his movie as we have enough points for at least one free ticket. :)

Sorry. I am babbling.

I just...its a relief knowing you guys are here.

Dave

Staff member
Got paid today. I am giving you the money I was going to use to buy Shadows of Mordor. I got enough games to play at the moment so I can wait. Some things are more important, you know?

Got paid today. I am giving you the money I was going to use to buy Shadows of Mordor. I got enough games to play at the moment so I can wait. Some things are more important, you know?
Don't do that! Jeeeeeez. I feel bad enough as it is!

Enjoy your game!

Dave

Staff member
Too late! Jet can't buy his own game by waiting two weeks. I can. I can wait a bit for a game. Hell, by then it may go on sale!

Shadow of Mordor. Just one shadow, don't go complicating things.

I'll be able to kick something in as soon as I get paid. It was only a year ago that I was unemployed and dead broke on Christmas, and feeling horribly depressed about it. Now that I'm in a slightly better place, I can help to make sure someone else doesn't go through that.

Dude that sucks! And I don't think there's any other way. I only have one paygate account.

Why'd they do that?
It says they randomly selected my account for extra protection. But when I try to verify the information so I can unfreeze it it's not working. I suppose I could call them but it is all so annoying.

Depending on when the cutoff is, I can toss a sawbuck to the Spawn of the Elder Gods. Just not too soon.

*wants to be eaten first and spared the horror*

Dave

Staff member
Apparently the thing is done when $600 is reached, however long that takes. Pretty amazing haul so far for only the first day!

I havent exactly been able to get on my feet yet here but i am starting a new job come this sunday. If donations are open when i see some income come in, i cant send much but i am in to send a few bucks.

Given that I had a sizeable credit card bill and rent to pay with this paycheque, I'm a little low on funds. But so happy HF is still able to crank out the money for good causes like this. :D

[DOUBLEPOST=1415420347,1415419784][/DOUBLEPOST]Screw it, changed my mind. Couldn't donate much, but any little bit helps, right? :D

Dave

Staff member
And we hit the $600 mark. In one day. Holy shit.

So should I leave it up for a bit or take it down?

It looks like I've got the be the contrarian here. I didn't doubt that we would hit the goal in 24 hours. (In fact, I had planned to joke that we were slowing down if we didn't make the goal.)

It's Halforums, that's what we do.

Would love to help out if I could - but barely have any extra at any point right now to give, especially since I just put tires on my wife's car.