[Announcement] Like limits.

Dave

Staff member
Seems we have a serial liker or two who are using the rating system as their own agenda, following people around and annoying them. No, it doesn't hurt anything, but the alerts and stuff do get annoying so I'm calling this a form of spam attack and putting an end to it.

I've loaded an addon that SHOULD limit the number of likes available to 5 per 24 hour period. That is, if I set it up right. If you're good little boys and girls I might turn it off or make the number higher (I know some people read in chunks and rate so this will be a pain in their ass), but I'm sick of complaints. JUSTIFIED complaints, I might add.

So tell me if I set it up wrong and I'll fix it.

Seems we have a serial liker or two who are using the rating system as their own agenda, following people around and annoying them. No, it doesn't hurt anything, but the alerts and stuff do get annoying so I'm calling this a form of spam attack and putting an end to it.

I've loaded an addon that SHOULD limit the number of likes available to 5 per 24 hour period. That is, if I set it up right. If you're good little boys and girls I might turn it off or make the number higher (I know some people read in chunks and rate so this will be a pain in their ass), but I'm sick of complaints. JUSTIFIED complaints, I might add.

So tell me if I set it up wrong and I'll fix it.
Was it me? I'm sorry if it was me. I just use it to acknowledge/agree with a post without writing another post. I swear there wasn't an agenda! :oops:

Huh. I didn't know this was going on.
Why do I never know what's going on until it's been capped/deleted/farewellthreaded/etc?
I miss so much.

--Patrick

Huh. I didn't know this was going on.
Why do I never know what's going on until it's been capped/deleted/farewellthreaded/etc?
I miss so much.

--Patrick
Oh it's partially because I do funny replies on Charlie's posts and recently Jay started spamming me with Dislikes so I returned the favor.

Jay started spamming me with Dislikes so I returned the favor.

2 disagrees on different threads on different days = Spamming?

Even if you thought it was that.... what this then?

Untitled.jpg

So petty.

I reported it to Dave so he could take care of it with you privately so you can chill out and I could do something better with my time.... instead we got this tragedy of a thread with no purpose and you lying out of your trolling ass as you usually do.

Get over yourself... people will disagree with you on occasion, learn to deal with it... IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

You're a parent dude... grow the fuck up man.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Not the only report, by the way, and not the only target of the report. Let's not witch hunt for no reason.

Likes are now a precious currency, to be bartered and traded.

"Hey, I'll 'love' that post of yours for 'likes' on three of my posts in the same thread."

"Whaaaat? No way, best I can do is a 'like' and a 'brofist.'"

"Oi, don't you jerk me around man! A 'like' and a 'brofist?' That's an insulting offer, man! I'll use up one of my quota and 'needs a lock' one of your posts, I swear on me mum!"

2 disagrees on different threads on different days = Spamming?

Even if you thought it was that.... what this then?

View attachment 14727

So petty.

I reported it to Dave so he could take care of it with you privately so you can chill out and I could do something better with my time.... instead we got this tragedy of a thread with no purpose and you lying out of your trolling ass as you usually do.

Get over yourself... people will disagree with you on occasion, learn to deal with it... IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.

You're a parent dude... grow the fuck up man.

I knew immediately it was you, Charlie's grown a thicker skin lately.

At one point we had an ignore poster option. Instead is their an option to just blacklist a posters alerts but still be able to read their posts?

EDIT:
This is a thing? Seriously?
The board has been drama free lately and the Naiwen sacrifice was not succulent enough to please the tumultuous Hal Gods

Last edited:
Um, y'know....Either it's not working, or the forum's gained sentience and realized I needed my ratings or I'd go back to replying to each and every post "yup", "feel for you", "I know the feeling", "hah lol", and so on - I just went around and handed out about 15 likes or so :confused:

I do not like this.

The rest of us shouldn't be limited because of some immature people.

Penalize the people doing it, not the whole board.

Dave

Staff member
I do not like this.

The rest of us shouldn't be limited because of some immature people.

Penalize the people doing it, not the whole board.
I'm trying to find a number that won't affect most people but will stop spamming. Maybe 5 an hour?

Oh, and you can do it by user, which is why @Bubble181 was able to go nuts. :D

I guess my main concern is that there are a couple people who are practically lurkers and the only way they really communicate is through likes and such. Bubble may be the prime example, but I'm sure there are others.

Restricting everyone seems like an atom bomb solution for an firecracker problem.