Life's weird, though, isn't it?

I'm in the best place I've maybe ever been in my life. And I just broke up with a beautiful girl who made me laugh and was a great conversationalist. I was happier with her than I am now - it hurts to break up. But it's not about happiness. And, call it a rebound, though I don't think it is, I have a date on Thursday.

So that's weird.

After spending about ten years as an atheist, I've come to the conclusion - in fact, it's like a switch has flipped, that I was wrong. That God does exist, and one can reason out many of his attributes.

So that's weird.

I have depression still. I deal with it daily still. But it doesn't guide me any longer. I think that's the thing with it. I need medication to manage it, but I make the decisions now. It doesn't decide what path I walk down. It will always be with me, but it's unconvincing when it whispers about how miserable life is or shouts about suicide - not a compelling argument when the path is lovely and full of meaning. It was a much better demon when it was in charge.

So

That's weird.

I just bought a case of wine. That's not weird, I'm just pleased with myself.

Life is definitely weird. Great to hear from you again!

So glad you've got a bit of a handle on the depression. That's a hard place to get to. Keep on keepin' on!

After spending about ten years as an atheist, I've come to the conclusion - in fact, it's like a switch has flipped, that I was wrong. That God does exist, and one can reason out many of his attributes.

So that's weird.
It is, isn't it. I am glad you have found a path in life which brings you contentment, and wish that this path will guide you to where it is you want to go.

In the mean time, I think you and I have an arrangement regarding brofists. Just saying.
Well, I had in mind to hold an auction, but you're certainly making an impact, so... enjoy the 5,000 HalBucks.

Meanwhile, I'll be happily occupied in consuming your soul.

Last edited:
I have to say, and this may sound weird since I don't know you all that well, but I'm glad you're around, Chad. I think about you from time to time and wonder what you're up to, so thanks for posting this. Hope you stick around, but if not I'll simply assume you're out Chadding up the part of the world you inhabit, and that makes me happy.

It is, isn't it. I am glad you have found a path in life which brings you contentment, and wish that this path will guide you to where it is you want to go.

In the mean time, I think you and I have an arrangement regarding brofists. Just saying.
Wow I forgot all about my hard earned (read: illicitly obtained) halbucks.

I have to say, and this may sound weird since I don't know you all that well, but I'm glad you're around, Chad. I think about you from time to time and wonder what you're up to, so thanks for posting this. Hope you stick around, but if not I'll simply assume you're out Chadding up the part of the world you inhabit, and that makes me happy.
It doesn't sound weird! I think about a few on this forum fairly often. In particular, some arguments you've made on various topics have been used by me in conversations/debates with friends.

I'll probably be around more but I have weaned myself away from a lot of internet/computer use, so I won't make any hard commitments.

If anyone does want to be in touch, just PM me and I'll provide my email and/or phone number. I'm happy to talk on hangouts, text, WhatsApp about just about anything, even just to check in once in a while. I don't do the social media thing anymore, as it mainly distracted me from doing things I actually want to do.