Life and changes

fade

Staff member
Being a fellow South Carolinian, what about Charleston if you want to stay in SC? It's pretty liberal--our little blue island in the big red sea.

Being a fellow South Carolinian, what about Charleston if you want to stay in SC? It's pretty liberal--our little blue island in the big red sea.
Not looking to stay in SC at all. We had considered Charleston or the surrounding area, but there are several reasons why it won't work for us. Mostly involving spouse's family and how shitty they are.

*Clicks link*

How is Austin, TX on any list of affordable homes?

*Checks original article*

Median list price +600k. And you know those places are going above list.

*Clicks link*

How is Austin, TX on any list of affordable homes?

*Checks original article*

Median list price +600k. And you know those places are going above list.
It's always assumed that all LGBTQIAAS+ (can't we seriously just go back to "queer" or whatever as a general term?) are affluent, educated and white. Poor or black folks don't have the time to indulge in such fantasies.

(the stereotype isn't entirely without cause: more wealthy and white people are strongly overrepresented in the community... That is, among people who are out. In poor conditions or when already facing scrutiny/aggression /discrimination, coming out is that much harder and more likely to result in violence etc. So the stereotype is without merit.)

Thanks for sharing, big help here. I've been trying to write and rewrite something for months that would explain myself without trauma dumping. And JFC I totally forgot I used to crossdress in Animal Crossing and that I picked a girl in Pokemon X/Y bc I liked her clothing more. For me this started when I started puberty and got terribly anxious all the time. A year later I was depressed and felt like I was already dead inside. Then I played Final Fantasy 7 for the first time and saw Cloud in a dress. Then I got a sex change in Runescape

So, something I have been wanting to do, but didn't want to take up too much time hogging the spotlight is share some of the pictures of me from FaceApp.

So first, is what I actually look like.

And now for pics of feminine me

So, you can probably see why this is giving me some massive hits of dysphoria. I really want to look like that.
And again, I know these are probably unattainable as it is a computer making these images.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that could be you. Makeup does a lot of work to shape what we think of as conventionally feminine faces

2) What pronouns would I like to be addressed with? Right now, it doesn't matter. He/She/They, I ping back and forth from boy to girl mode so much that I really don't care. Whatever feels apropriate to you is fine with me. This may change in the future and when it does, I will let everyone know and will likely change the gender marker on my profile.
So going back to address this again. I think I am ready to just be She/Her.

I will not be upset if people forget, it's a bit of a change.

I am finally going to go to my parents' house and will be coming out to them. Depending on how that goes, I may be coming out to the rest of my family shortly after as well.

Sometime after that, no matter which way that goes, I will probably be starting HRT in the coming months.

So, you keeping the General Specific name? Some of the other trans posters have adapted their online presence as well, as they become a new person (or finally showed their real person? Or however, I don't mean any disrespect of insult by perhaps expressing myself poorly). Others have kept the same, it's totally up to you :)
And good luck with the coming out, hope they're supportive :thumbsup:

I think I will retain the account name. I may change my avatar and signature pic at some point *gasp*

I think I might have the oldest unchanged avatar of any active person anyway.

As a goodbye to the old avatar, I just want to point out that when I first saw your profile, you were the first time in years I saw anyone besides myself acknowledge the existence of Sheep in the Big City, and I appreciated that.

So going back to address this again. I think I am ready to just be She/Her.

I will not be upset if people forget, it's a bit of a change.

I am finally going to go to my parents' house and will be coming out to them. Depending on how that goes, I may be coming out to the rest of my family shortly after as well.

Sometime after that, no matter which way that goes, I will probably be starting HRT in the coming months.
You're our General. You got this. We're with you. :thumbsup:

My avatar has been around awhile but idk how long. Obviously not since I first joined since that was before college, but still.

I joined a few days ahead of you both. :p
Only because I wasn't able to log in on day 1 of the forum reboot. I do remember there was some kind of silliness that kept me from logging in on launch day. Ah well. There go my bragging rights, I guess.
General Specific is member 290. You’re 324, so she came first.
IIRC, there was a point when we had to have the member database rebuilt for some reason (software upgrade? server move?) and so we all had to reestablish our accounts. As a result, member number no longer corresponds to the actual order of joining up.

--Patrick

Here's the sad thing...I consider myself a fairly regular poster.

And YET...there are people who stopped posting here YEARS ago that have easily double my post count or more.