Let's all not starve (Don't Starve Together)

I still have the server!

Unfortunately the more I looked into the logistics of it, the less feasible it became, at least from a video standpoint. We can still play hunger games just to have fun, but skill differential might be a really big issue at this point - Dei and I put in over 80 hours together learning the ins and outs of not starving (basically reducing it to trivial), Ashburner was already pretty pro to begin with, and at the other end of the spectrum, we've got people who have only basically ever played on previous halforums nights.

Can still give it a try, though - the biggest challenge is scheduling. I know Terrik, Dei and I are pretty much good for whatever night, so if anyone else wants in, their schedule will be the limiting factor.
I had played TWICE before playing with you guys. I just pick up on stuff REAL fast when I have a knife to my throat.

To be fair, in the first episode, most people logged off before the end. ;)

He was also the last to die in the second episode, but that was because his sanity was ticking down the slowest. ;)

I would just like to say that I enjoy the game a lot, I just don't typically get more than a few hours/wk to play anything, and so I don't get to starve as much as I'd like.

--Patrick

Bumping old threads! I noticed this game got a bunch of updates that I haven't played yet, anyone want to play? Right now I am sucked into Persona 5 and probably will be for at least a few more days, so maybe this weekend?

I have to run my daughter around tonight, but I should be around by 8:15/8:30 MST today. I'm trying to get a server running and installing mods on it is being annoying, so I'll update when I have that straightened out.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have to run my daughter around tonight, but I should be around by 8:15/8:30 MST today. I'm trying to get a server running and installing mods on it is being annoying, so I'll update when I have that straightened out.
It's been a while, but I seem to remember adding mods was basically just putting their workshop ID in a config file. Of course, some mods just didn't play nice together...

It's been a while, but I seem to remember adding mods was basically just putting their workshop ID in a config file. Of course, some mods just didn't play nice together...
Ehhh, I realized I have to set up 2 dedicated servers if we want an overworld and caves, and that is too much effort for me right now, I'll just host it as a local game for now. Maybe if we want to keep playing I'll actually mess with one of the two computers running as servers in the basement and set shit up the right way.

Gas and I died in a fit of insanity as soon as Spring started, since the rain wouldn't stop and we didn't farm for materials for rain protection early enough. Even if we had, the Goose Moose set up shop right on top of our base as well, which made everything even worse.

If anyone wanted to play tonight, I can probably be around earlier. Won't stop Terrik from falling asleep and snoring into the mic for three hours though.

Gas and I died in a fit of insanity as soon as Spring started, since the rain wouldn't stop and we didn't farm for materials for rain protection early enough. Even if we had, the Goose Moose set up shop right on top of our base as well, which made everything even worse.

If anyone wanted to play tonight, I can probably be around earlier. Won't stop Terrik from falling asleep and snoring into the mic for three hours though.
Yes, but I came back.

Sorry, guys. I didn't even get home from work last night until 11:45p. If I can get out earlier tonight I may look for ya or at least tune into Vent for the show.

--Patrick

I'd be honoured to get my ass kicked alongside you guys.

EDIT: Also, I kinda wish we would've done that Hunger Games idea @GasBandit suggested once. But I think he's right. It would've been more interesting if there was a way to get footage of each person rather than just him.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hrm, are there six of us who can get together at the same time? Can this event be completed all in one night?

I just wanted to make sure, because past experience showed it was darn near impossible to get people together for more than one night on this.
Well, I'm pretty sure you end up getting paired up with people if you don't queue with a full group. I know how well you play with others.[DOUBLEPOST=1510939205,1510939113][/DOUBLEPOST]
Case in point, mister only on wednesdays here, when Dei's got Archery on wednesdays :p
Well, technically I don't have archery *this* Wednesday. Range is closed all next week. :p