Let's all not starve (Don't Starve Together)

GasBandit

Staff member
She knows you want their teeth.

--Patrick
As much as I like having teeth, we are already drowning in teeth.

And the last hound attack got me down to 1hp. The next one will probably make me pucker up so hard I could fart to whistle for a taxi.

So due to a mixup when restarting our persistant game, our portal apparently moved. So that's fun.

And thus sums up my feelings about this game. Though, I was out dealing with hounds near a random pig house and Deerclops chose that moment to come after me and thus only destroyed that. SO I'LL TAKE IT.

2015-09-09_00001.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
And thus sums up my feelings about this game. Though, I was out dealing with hounds near a random pig house and Deerclops chose that moment to come after me and thus only destroyed that. SO I'LL TAKE IT.

View attachment 19154
What happened to super carpet fort?

Also, everybody up to continue our wilderness game this weekend? Say, Saturday at 8pm central (7 mountain, 9 eastern, 10 Nova Scotia)?

GasBandit

Staff member
Super Carpet Fort does not get lived in during the winter. You know better than that!
I do find it amusing that, despite your having reduced winter to about 2 days, Deerclops still puts in an appearance.[DOUBLEPOST=1441902653,1441902370][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I'm having second thoughts about the proposed "Halforums Hunger Games." I mean, I got to thinking, should we eliminate winter (and summer) because those seasons pretty much limit players to their camps in a desperate attempt to regulate their body temperature? But if all we have is autumn, does that reduce the difficulty too much? And, of course, there's the complication-how do we film it if I'm eliminated early? I suppose I could watch via someone else's steam stream if they set it up thusly, as I have.

If I actually had hard drive space (and I never do) I'd fraps as well, but that requires me putting in a 3rd hard drive. I have hoarding problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1441903496,1441903006][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do find it amusing that, despite your having reduced winter to about 2 days, Deerclops still puts in an appearance.[DOUBLEPOST=1441902653,1441902370][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I'm having second thoughts about the proposed "Halforums Hunger Games." I mean, I got to thinking, should we eliminate winter (and summer) because those seasons pretty much limit players to their camps in a desperate attempt to regulate their body temperature? But if all we have is autumn, does that reduce the difficulty too much? And, of course, there's the complication-how do we film it if I'm eliminated early? I suppose I could watch via someone else's steam stream if they set it up thusly, as I have.
I mean, you could set it to Survival mode so that you'd be a ghost. It would certainly hasten the whole process as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
If I actually had hard drive space (and I never do) I'd fraps as well, but that requires me putting in a 3rd hard drive. I have hoarding problems.
Well, if you go to settings->broadcasting and set it so that people in your friends list are automatically allowed to watch what you play, I can just jump in and fraps what I see.

Of course, *everybody* would basically need to enable that, because who knows who is going to kill who.

Unless you can watch us and record us all simultaneously, it's not the best solution though. :/ We all just need to record and pool our resources, but that's a lot of time/effort/money for some.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unless you can watch us and record us all simultaneously, it's not the best solution though. :/ We all just need to record and pool our resources, but that's a lot of time/effort/money for some.
It's also not really practical since we're not in the same physical location. 720p raw video from fraps is a little over 100 gigs an hour, there's no reasonable way for everybody to get their footage to me for editing.

Last edited:
The half hour later start time would be better again as well, because my daughter needs to get dropped off at the rec center at 7 (MST).

I didn't? I swore I had mine set up to pop up to grant permission.

We were doing hard Cold Stream, the first level was fine, the second level we died inches from the next safe room 3 or 4 times in a row because of hoards.

Nick and I are the best spider killing team of all time!

Though I think we should to try to get gears, we're set on silk for awhile.
BRING ON THE CLOCKWORK! I took one down already with the help of...Ravenpoe, I think? Maybe Ashburner? One of the two. I stumbled along him trying to fight it and dove in. We should totally let them tag along this time.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't get out of work tonight until 7CDT, and I have an hour commute, and there will probably be dinner once I get home.
Basically I'm saying that I'm up for it, but don't know if I'll be able to get there until after everyone else has been rolling around in the grasslands for a while.

--Patrick
Dei wants to start later than usual as well. We may just say 9CDT, presuming 11pm isn't too late a start for Nick. If that time works for everybody, and Ash and Raven check in, we may be in business.

I'd like to get L4D with O_C, too, but getting this DST together is a much more involved task :/

GasBandit

Staff member
Figured out why Dei keeps freezing to death:

From the wiki:

In Don't Starve Together, Willow has had some major changes. These changes were mainly added due to many abusing Willow by burning things and/or attacking players in their first day. Thus, Willow's fire reduction is now only 50%, instead of 100%, but is completely immune to fire for the first three seconds of exposure. Her once infinite lighter now lasts for 600 seconds, but can be crafted. She also now freezes when insane, but she starts the game with Bernie, the stuffed bear seen in her portrait, who will distract Shadow Creatures and therefore not allow them to attack Willow. In addition to some of her pros being modified or removed, Willow now no longer creates fires at low sanity, and has a 10% boost on regular sanity gained from fire. She can also now cook with her lighter, but reduces it's durability by 1%.

Still feel like I'd continue with Wilson, at least until I get the game mechanics down to know how to best make up for everyone's disads.

--Patrick

I'll be there, assuming I don't pass out before it starts. My days start at 5am these days... last night I went to bed at 9pm. You know when the last time I went to bed that early was? NEVER.

I don't actually need to have a later start anymore, because none of my daughter's friends are free tonight, but we still want to start later for Patr anyways.

I don't think I'm gonna make it, guys. I've been gaming all day (needed a day to myself) and been staring at the screen all day as a result.