KSP -- Mission Based R&D playthrough

The unfortunate part: If the guy making the thing just played it through once, he could've leaned up the problems himself.

It has all the hallmarks of a great idea but with a rushed execution. I mean, he did the "collect surface sample from the mun" part perfectly, but botched it on the "collect surface sample from another planet." So, we know he knows how to do it. He just didn't exercise any real diligence while designing his levels or perform any QA before he released it to the world.

So I know this thread is 2 years old, but my husband was playing Kerbal again and I went to show him this thread but all the image file links are invalid. I'm assuming maybe you deleted them for space, but if not, is there a fix for them @Tinwhistler ?

So I know this thread is 2 years old, but my husband was playing Kerbal again and I went to show him this thread but all the image file links are invalid. I'm assuming maybe you deleted them for space, but if not, is there a fix for them @Tinwhistler ?
I deleted them because I figured nobody would give a shit any more. Sorry! Let me see if they're still hanging around.

Sorry, looks like I wiped all the KSP images from my computer too. I haven't played in a while, and I was getting rid of clutter :(

Even all your Imgur-hosted pictures are gone from the other thread!

I uploaded mine here, though, so they're still there. Although they're not nearly as cool as the stuff you did.
Yeah, my imgur account was getting cluttered as shit. I should probably make one solely for ksp related stuff so I don't get some future urge to prune it.

You know what this means? I have to do a new KSP-related walkthrough with the latest version.

GasBandit

Staff member
It seems kind of late in the retail cycle for Kerbal Space Program to be finding a new publisher. Between this and the rumors of developer Exodus and subsequent hiring by Valve, it kind of feels like Squad washing their hands of KSP and its distribution.

But maybe we'll start seeing Kerbal themed fluff and cosmetics in various Rockstar and 2K Games.

GasBandit

Staff member
So...they've basically bought themselves a "Minions"-esque property to enable insertion of Teh Cyoot into their other products?

--Patrick
I don't know. Maybe? I mean, I suppose they could try to pump more development cash into the property and try for an interstellar addon with warp drives or whatever, which would totally undermine the original game... But really, I don't know why Take 2 would be interested in a very niche game that has mostly run its retail course, albeit a very good one.

I don't know. Maybe? I mean, I suppose they could try to pump more development cash into the property and try for an interstellar addon with warp drives or whatever, which would totally undermine the original game... But really, I don't know why Take 2 would be interested in a very niche game that has mostly run its retail course, albeit a very good one.
Private Rocket Astronaut Training Software!
Aerospace Engineer Math Software!
...Cute mascots?

I know it was a niche game meant for those of us who loves the science and the math, but it did have the cute factor. I think if it got a bigger platform to launch from and some tweaks I could see it have a resurgence.