[Brazelton] Kobe fucking Bryant

That's absolutely heart-breaking. Honestly, poor Vanessa Bryant right now. That is a nightmare I'd never want to know.

Dave

Staff member
And now they are saying that ABC falsely reported about the kids and other sites are saying his wife and daughters were not on board. So that's good, I suppose.

Thank God that it wasn't all of his kids.

Just reading on CNN that he takes the chopper because he is in such pain that he could not sit in a car for 2 hours.

He was heading to his daughter's game along with her teammate and another parent. Along with the pilot makes all five that were aboard.

Just reading on CNN that he takes the chopper because he is in such pain that he could not sit in a car for 2 hours.
The attitude going around work: “I don’t care if you’re famous and don’t want to spend an extra 10min in a car traffic, that’s no excuse to take a helicopter.”
So full of sympathy, my coworkers are.

—Patrick

I genuinely can't think of the last celebrity death that had the combination of iconicness, youth, and suddenness. It still doesn't feel that real. He was the top story on ESPN this morning just because of Lebron passing his record. And now he's dead. Insane.

This was a huge shock to me when I saw it on my phone.

Not a Lakers fan by any stretch, but this is beyond tragic.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jeezus. Talk about the transience of life and the impartiality of death made manifest. Sic transit gloria Kobe.

Man, I saw Kobe once in Taipei, he was browsing around Taipei 101, and I happened to be there too. And just like that he's gone. Damn.

Saw the news when my alarm went off tonight. Went from drowsily scrolling through notifications to *BAM* wide awake in an instant. :(

And, of course, conspiracy theorists are already twisting it all kinds of ways. But it's clearly Republicans covering the news cycle :rolleyes:

Dave

Staff member
What pisses me off is that TMZ broke and reported the story before the families were contacted. So these people found out their loved ones died in the crash...from Twitter.