Keltsey's AMAA - Ask Me Almost Anything!

Algebra.

Algebra can rot in hell.
Follow-up question. If a train is leaving Houston and traveling East at 80 mph, while another train is leaving new York at the same time, then what is something about yourself that people are always surprised to learn?

What pet do you have the best memories of?

Who, in your mind, really needs to do an audio book reading of your favorite book?

When, if ever, would you consider eating a sauage, even though it's got hairs growing all over it?

Why, when confronted with all of human history, do you think this is the best time to be alive?

Follow-up question. If a train is leaving Houston and traveling East at 80 mph, while another train is leaving new York at the same time, then what is something about yourself that people are always surprised to learn?
That the train will undoubtedly be delayed in Philadelphia 30 St. Station for an additional hour.

But enough about Amtrak...I don't know if this is true anymore, but as I've gotten older I've run out of fucks to give, but when I was younger, people were often shocked about how mean, let's say unflinchingly vicious, I could be when pressed. I mean, close friends had an inkling, because I loved to joke around, but me losing my temper enough to say something intentionally mean was few and far between. I was usually quiet in class, and generally let things roll off my back, in a pick-your-battles type-of-thing. When I did finally lose my temper, it was usually short, to the point, and absolutely cutthroat. Or so I assume, because people still bring it up to this day. Hell, I have a friend that took up an entire page in my yearbook recounting his favorite time I ripped someone apart. In my defense, they deserved it.

Off the top of my head, there was this one time, my sophomore year of high school, where I lost it in class. There were two guys in my class biology who were part of the...we didn't really have a "popular group", per se at our school, but they were part of the rich and spoiled clique, and every time the teacher wasn't in the room yet, they would start to pick on this one girl. Now, this girl was both physically and socially awkward, to the point where I don't know if there was something actually wrong with her, but I wouldn't be shocked if there was. But as far back at 6th grade, this girl got picked on all the time, and while I wasn't a big fan of her myself, I thought she got it way worse than anybody deserved. So they would, very pathetically, try to make fun of her, and she would, in a sad and awkward way, try to defend herself, and it was a shit show all around. After a couple of months of this back-and-forth, I had reached my breaking point one afternoon. So just as the guys started their usually schtick from the back of the room, and turned around in my seat, and shouted,
"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up! No one wants to hear it! You do this all the time! Just shut up!" and when one of the guys tried to open his mouth to retort, "-No! Do you not understand how pathetic is it that the TWO of you have to work together against HER, and you STILL can't come up with anything impressive? You two embarrass yourselves in front of EVERYONE every time you try to do this! JUST. SHUT. UP!"

Of course, said-girl who was sitting in front of me decided this meant that we were ganging up on the guys, so when she made her sad attempt, I did cut her off with a, "Oh no, I am NOT on your side now. I just want you ALL to Shut. Up!".

No one stood up and clapped, but there was silence and a lot of :eek: faces when the teacher finally came into the room. Nothing monumental changed in the school social status after that day, but the 3 of them never said a word in biology for the rest of the year. So, yay, win for me.
Post automatically merged:

What pet do you have the best memories of?

Who, in your mind, really needs to do an audio book reading of your favorite book?

When, if ever, would you consider eating a sauage, even though it's got hairs growing all over it?

Why, when confronted with all of human history, do you think this is the best time to be alive?
There hasn't been a dog in my life I don't have fond memories of, and I loved them all. But if pressed, I would have to say maybe a little something extra special for our Westie that passed a few years back. He was the first dog I had gotten without my parents, so he was truly MY own dog, and I think for Mr. Z and I, he was, in many ways, our first "baby". That will always have a special place for me.

Hmmm... I know there's a few I'd like to hear, but actually, recently I said to Mr. Z (and yes, I know it's not a book), but I really wish there was an option to have the Pokemon Sword dialogue spoken aloud by actual Scottish people.

Are we talking literally sausage or, you know, "eat a sausage" :unibrow:? Because, please see a doctor first, for the latter.

This is going to sound terribly shallow, but as much as parts of history appeal to me, the thought of being in a period of time when human hygene is worse than it is now sounds like torture. That being said, recent political and national changes have made me long for the 90's a bit, but I think that was because I had no idea what was really going on.
Post automatically merged:

How you gonna do me this way, Keltsy? And on my birthday, too! >_<
Aww, you will always be my hairy, gassy sausage, birthday boy!

Last edited:
That the train will undoubtedly be delayed in Philadelphia 30 St. Station for an additional hour.

But enough about Amtrak...I don't know if this is true anymore, but as I've gotten older I've run out of fucks to give, but when I was younger, people were often shocked about how mean, let's say unflinchingly vicious, I could be when pressed. I mean, close friends had an inkling, because I loved to joke around, but me losing my temper enough to say something intentionally mean was few and far between. I was usually quiet in class, and generally let things roll off my back, in a pick-your-battles type-of-thing. When I did finally lose my temper, it was usually short, to the point, and absolutely cutthroat. Or so I assume, because people still bring it up to this day. Hell, I have a friend that took up an entire page in my yearbook recounting his favorite time I ripped someone apart. In my defense, they deserved it.
TBH I wish my daughter would lose her temper at school. She still sits at a lunch table with her former best friend, who has slowly been deep diving into homophobia. I don't know my daughter's preferences at this point, because right now the closest thing to her feelings towards others would be described as misanthropy, but one of her friends from elementary school came out as trans at the start of middle school, and said old best friend makes comments about it (behind his back, not to his face) when they see him. So my daughter tries very hard to just keep her head down to get through the rest of middle school without causing complete and total drama, but I wish she would just explode on this person, because while it probably won't actually help, the sooner this person gets their intellectual bubble popped, the better off she'll be as a person long term.

(Also, while I am not 100% sure of this person's parents' opinions, when she was younger she was always convinced she was going to get in trouble for anything and everything she did, and her parents were way more chill than that in reality. So she might be coming up with these things from her own bubble. She also tried to get my daughter to go to Church with her because she was convinced she would go to hell when she found out we didn't go to Church, but her mom pretty much asked once then shrugged it off. That said, after that is when things started getting weird but again I don't think it was from the parent's side)

ENOUGH HIJACKING I WILL NOW COME UP WITH A QUESTION:

Do you plan on having any more kids, or are you and Mr. Z more in to 1 and done?

TBH I wish my daughter would lose her temper at school. She still sits at a lunch table with her former best friend, who has slowly been deep diving into homophobia. I don't know my daughter's preferences at this point, because right now the closest thing to her feelings towards others would be described as misanthropy, but one of her friends from elementary school came out as trans at the start of middle school, and said old best friend makes comments about it (behind his back, not to his face) when they see him. So my daughter tries very hard to just keep her head down to get through the rest of middle school without causing complete and total drama, but I wish she would just explode on this person, because while it probably won't actually help, the sooner this person gets their intellectual bubble popped, the better off she'll be as a person long term.

(Also, while I am not 100% sure of this person's parents' opinions, when she was younger she was always convinced she was going to get in trouble for anything and everything she did, and her parents were way more chill than that in reality. So she might be coming up with these things from her own bubble. She also tried to get my daughter to go to Church with her because she was convinced she would go to hell when she found out we didn't go to Church, but her mom pretty much asked once then shrugged it off. That said, after that is when things started getting weird but again I don't think it was from the parent's side)

ENOUGH HIJACKING I WILL NOW COME UP WITH A QUESTION:

Do you plan on having any more kids, or are you and Mr. Z more in to 1 and done?
I will say, when I was your daughter's age, that was probably the couple of years in my life I spoke out the least. I think the general awkwardness gets to everyone. But by the time I hit junior high/high school, I was over everyone's shit. Give her some time, she may get there, too. In the meantime, my heart goes out to the poor transboy and I hope he has a good support system. This age sucks even when you're cis/het.

We are firmly one and done. In fact, I really wish Mr. Z would stop shuffling he feet and get snipped already. We always said we only wanted a small family, 1 or 2 kids, tops, and once Li'l Z was born, we never felt like anything was missing. And I've gotten rid of all our baby stuff, so I don't want any surprises.

Question.

You can go go anywhere in the world, but it has to be for a single specific event or activity. Where do you go and what do you do?

Question.

You can go go anywhere in the world, but it has to be for a single specific event or activity. Where do you go and what do you do?
Right now, I'd really love to be back at Disneyland for their Lunar New Year celebration. Not that I need an excuse to go to any Disney, but I really loved the food and the events they had there. Plus the weather and lack of heavy crowds was *chef's kiss*.

Other than Mr Z, who is the hottest person you've ever seen in real life?
What OTHER than Mr. Z??? ;)

You know, I'm really struggling with this one, and not because Mr. Z is the pinnacle of excellence. *snrk* I can think of famous people of I've met that I'm been struck by how tall or how short they are in real life. I know there have been everyday people that have struck me as very good looking, but I can't remember anyone specific. Maybe it's all those years of figure drawing, but I can recall to mind people I've randomly seen that have some unusual or distinctive features, but pure hotness is eluding me at the moment.

What are your thoughts on this picture?

View attachment 32736
That top doesn't look very comfortable.

...Oh, okay. I know. :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Would you rather have to lay an egg every day, or grow wool everywhere like a sheep, requiring regular shearing?

Would laying an egg every day take the place of periods?
Yes. Instead of ovaries releasing eggs monthly in humans, the ovaries in a chicken release them every 30 hours. And did you know a hen can save sperm inside her for up to 2 weeks to allow 10 or so eggs she lays to become fertilized?

Do you prefer Gurgis sacrifice in the movie or Ellidyrs sacrifice in the book?
I admit, I've only seen the movie, so I'm going to have to go with Gurgi. I'll get around to reading the series eventually.

Would you rather have to lay an egg every day, or grow wool everywhere like a sheep, requiring regular shearing?
Periods or shaving... two of the worst parts of daily womanhood. So, if I lay an egg, I'm a laying a chicken egg or a human egg? Can it be eaten like a chicken egg? Or it some weird thing I lay and have to dispose of?

Yes. Instead of ovaries releasing eggs monthly in humans, the ovaries in a chicken release them every 30 hours. And did you know a hen can save sperm inside her for up to 2 weeks to allow 10 or so eggs she lays to become fertilized?
Yes, I know that, but I am asking @GasBandit if he wants to replace the reproductive system, or just make some weird, horrific chicken/human hybrid. Like, would the eggs replace human eggs, or be a new way to poop? :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Periods or shaving... two of the worst parts of daily womanhood. So, if I lay an egg, I'm a laying a chicken egg or a human egg? Can it be eaten like a chicken egg? Or it some weird thing I lay and have to dispose of?
It's an egg... it'll be up to you to find out if it's "human" or "chicken..." or maybe you'd rather not know, if you intend to eat them...