[Brazelton] Keith Flint, lead "singer" for the Prodigy

Dave

Staff member
I had heard of the band but had never heard any of the music. So I gave a listen. Meh.

Had anyone ever seen this dude and Luke Perry in the same room together? Asking for a group of meddling kids.

Yeah the Internet's been mourning him since 5am or so, figured you'd be familiar with him.
I know most of their music as soundtracks from YouTube videos rather than clubs.

--Patrick

Even though I already knew how The Prodigy were, the thing I will remember most them, or Mr. Flint in particular, is that one of my freshman roommates had a weird poster of him on the wall of her bunk. Like, a million pictures of frogs everywhere, and this guy. I had the bottom bunk across from her, so it was sometimes unsettling to have that be the first thing you see when you open your eyes in the morning.

I wasn't really a fan of their music, but it is a shame he took his life.

I'm...surprised at the reaction the Prodigy gets here. At least in Belgium they're considered one of the great bands of their time...I'd class them i nthe same level as, say, Oasis, or Radiohead, or the Cure, easily. Perhaps it's because they're British, I dunno?

I'm...surprised at the reaction the Prodigy gets here. At least in Belgium they're considered one of the great bands of their time...I'd class them i nthe same level as, say, Oasis, or Radiohead, or the Cure, easily. Perhaps it's because they're British, I dunno?
Personally, it's because they're on the same level as Oasis, Radiohead or the Cure.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had heard of the band but had never heard any of the music. So I gave a listen. Meh.
Acid Electronic is not for everybody, I'd be the first to admit.

But I was big into The Prodigy, Front 242 (Look, Bubble, Belgians!), Lords of Acid (More Belgians!), Thrill Kill Kult, KMFDM, and so on.

I mean, I kinda grew out of it when I got into my 30s, but I still fire up their hits every once in a great while.