Jay's Political Thread I : The Sociopolitical Anti-vaxxers Centre

This will be a place where people can say bullshit and oversimplify complex situations to the point of no longer adding anything useful to the discussion.

Fun topics we can cover :

- Let's talk of medicare, or lack thereof.
- Let's talk gun control, or just give high students guns so they're more comfortable shooting them.
- The Metric system is the devil. Or maybe the best thing that happened to most countries???!?
- Let's talk about the Russians, the cooperative people who love tinkering with "computers".
- Bees?
- AND MORE!

I promise to be an equal opportunity shit-starter. I believe in strong government. I believe in equal right for all.

There are lots of topics here that I think have the potential for interesting discussion. While this forum definitely leans liberal, there are going to be differences of opinion in implementation of policies even with people who want the same end result.

Meh. Imma go for the low-hanging fruit.

- Let's talk gun control, or just give high students guns so they're more comfortable shooting them.
- The Metric system is the devil. Or maybe the best thing that happened to most countries???!?
- Let's talk about the Russians, the cooperative people who love tinkering with "computers".
- Bees?
- AND MORE!

Dave

Staff member
This thread, by the way, is immune from the "no name calling" rule. So don't step up if you're going to get pissy if someone calls you mean things. You have been warned.

Let's see if this lets people blow off steam and stops other threads from degenerating as they have been.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's two kinds of country - Those that primarily use the metric system, and those that have successfully landed men on the moon.

There's two kinds of country - Those that primarily use the metric system, and those that have successfully landed men on the moon.
You get my brofist, but as a baker (and especially as a frequently baked baker), the metric system is so much fucking easier to use. I hate teaspoons, ounces, and fractional measurements of "cups." And, when you say ounces, are you talking about a weight, or a liquid measure? Seriously? Fuck the imperial measurement system as it applies to baking specifically, and cooking in general.

Didn't they kill some people because of teh conversion issue?

Plus, the moon was the most brazen goal post moving in history. A metric country got to space 1st.[DOUBLEPOST=1507187192,1507187126][/DOUBLEPOST]
This will be a place where people can say bullshit and oversimplify complex situations to the point of no longer adding anything useful to the discussion.

- Bees?
- AND MORE!

I promise to be an equal opportunity shit-starter. I believe in strong government. I believe in equal right for all.

You know, if you gave every sick person a gun, they'd be able to get their own doctor... as long as they can ambush him/her before they can draw their own gun...

You know, if you gave every sick person a gun, they'd be able to get their own doctor... as long as they can ambush him/her before they can draw their own gun...
Hmm..."save me or I'll kill you" doesn't sound enforceable. Soon as you're under anesthetic, the doctor can off you in any way (s)he chooses.

--Patrick

It took 28 hours of intense debate, but I successfully convinced everyone on my message board that my opinions are correct. Gun control is now solved.

The men that actually landed men on the moon and the men that landed on the moon used the metric system on the moon.

And that's the greatest sentence I've ever written.

GasBandit

Staff member
The men that actually landed men on the moon and the men that landed on the moon used the metric system on the moon.

And that's the greatest sentence I've ever written.
Except when they went home to their wives and complained "Jeez it's hot out there, it's gotta be 100 degrees!"

Because Fahrenheit is much more suitable for describing the comfort range of humans than Celsius is... you... (flips randomly through book)... unplucked nosehair.

I think that any licence or permit should only be valid for a short period. We are in an age of rapid technological advancement, and as such licence and permit holders should keep up to date as well.

Also people who can not pronounce the letter H should be sterilized and not allowed to influence children.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not only that, but those of us who use the dark styles, like Blackend-Blue, just see the Hs even more intensely.