I've come to beg for monies :(

doomdragon6

Staff member
Hi everyone! I know I don't post here much anymore but I do pop in on occasion to check on everyone. You're all family whether we've met or not. I've been part of this forum for over a decade now, which is insane to me.

Anyway, life is kicking my lady friend in the proverbial dick over and over again, and now her car has crapped out on her. She's relying on sharing vehicles and taking Lyfts to work, which... kind of takes away from her meager profits as a server. (We've been applying her to literally hundreds of other places since January and only gotten about 5 interviews.)

The shop wants $600 to fix it. She doesn't have that. And I'm happy to help but can't drop $600 without forgoing bills. We tried to fix it ourselves, but no go. We even provided the part to knock the cost down, but they're saying the part isn't working correctly, so it's either a bad part, the wrong part, or they're lying to us. To get another part sent to us will take a while since they want a video of it not working and so on and so on. So now we're looking at biting the bullet and just trying to let the shop do it.

Also in addition to this, her wisdom teeth suddenly started causing her massive pain last night, which we also won't be able to pay for but one disaster at a time.

So! We've posted on Facebook and elsewhere, but all of our friends are poor unmotivated millennials and she hasn't scraped up much.

So I thought I would post here and ask for some help. Any little bit helps- $5, $10, $20, whatever you can spare to throw her way. It all adds up and even if we don't hit the mark, it drastically cuts down on what we're responsible for and we can manage it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-fix-my-poor-little-van

Thank you all so much for reading! Hope you're all doing well since my last pop-in. <3

Dave

Staff member
Like I said, I've been there. Not having a reliable vehicle (and not living in a place with good public transportation infrastructure) just absolutely sucks. If it happened to me right now I don't know what I'd do. Granted, I can work from home, but not every day and not for that long.

I wish I could, but I'm sitting on the precipice myself right now after having made a series of monumentally bad financial decisions motivated mostly be depression. Sorry.

doomdragon6

Staff member
You guys are too wonderful. ♥ Thank you. I don't expect us to hit the goal but any amount that we get is an amount we don't have to stress over.

Regarding dental care, if there are any dental training schools/university programs nearby, they often give free help if you let their students practice, under supervision, obviously.

doomdragon6

Staff member
You guys are all too kind. <3

Regarding dental care, if there are any dental training schools/university programs nearby, they often give free help if you let their students practice, under supervision, obviously.
I had never considered this. It sounds somewhere between a wonderful idea and absolutely goddamn horrifying.

You guys are all too kind. <3

I had never considered this. It sounds somewhere between a wonderful idea and absolutely goddamn horrifying.
My husband scarred a dental student for life when we were younger by having a root canal done with no anesthesia because he couldn't afford the extra expense.

My husband scarred a dental student for life when we were younger by having a root canal done with no anesthesia because he couldn't afford the extra expense.
Story of my life. :( Not that I can't afford the anesthesia, mind you. It just don't work.

doomdragon6

Staff member
If any of you got paid today it's the last chance to help! ♥ We're closing it today and replacement part should be in Monday. We think we can make it work, especially if the part we ordered works instead of the shop's part, but anything helps. Thank you all so much!

I've donated, and for what it's worth it's on my facebook page for today. Good luck! If you were closer I'd help you fix it myself, but the last time I was in Alabama was nearly a decade ago...
Post automatically merged:

Ha. Looks like you got that last $350. I'm going to pretend it was because of my facebook post.

doomdragon6

Staff member
BRUHHHH WHO THE HELL GAVE US $350

AAAA AND THANK YOU FOR THE $50

SHE IS FLABBERGASTED AND SO THANKFUL

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST ♥

I have my suspicions.

Like @Dave says, I’ve been there, and I’m at a point where I can spread a little random kindness.

I think the best part was the text alert from my credit card, which can’t fit the entire name of the GoFundMe, and so said that I donated $25 to “Help ME Fix My Poo.”

—Patrick

Sorry I couldn't give this time. I've donated before on here and I probably will again, but things are pretty tight right now over here, too. Not as bad as they can be or ate for some, but not good enough that I can spare much of anything for anything non-essential :(

doomdragon6

Staff member
Sorry I couldn't give this time. I've donated before on here and I probably will again, but things are pretty tight right now over here, too. Not as bad as they can be or ate for some, but not good enough that I can spare much of anything for anything non-essential :(
No worries my dude! ♥ The sentiment is appreciated all the same and I definitely know how it is. Everyone here has been so kind I'll definitely have to pay it forward for someone else one day

I've been where you are and this forum donated monies to me previously - I'd appreciated the donations from the community back then.

I would have donated myself to pay it forward, but we're just starting to "turn the corner" on our overall finances after having some unexpected vehicle repairs ourselves - two months ago had the power steering pump bearing freeze up and break on my 12-year old and 190k+ car (had to be towed too) and last month had to do two driveshaft u-joints as one of them broke on my wife's 14-year old and 130k+ truck.

My family has a running joke that vehicles should have a slot right next to the fuel filler that just shreds money for you, but only if they'd stay repaired that way...

Last edited:

doomdragon6

Staff member
Van is finally repaired! She's picking it up tomorrow. Thank you all so much. <3 She's so appreciative of you and can't believe strangers she's never met could be so kind.