I've been to Paris and Barcelona!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louvre was huuuuuuge. Went there at 9 ... No wait with online ticket...

I was the first person at the Mona lisa ... That was sweet

Got out before Asia invaded the big three.

My favorite by far was the Napoleon apartments... Just wow.

I'll upload when I'll get back.

Going to a local resto..... Not going far my feet are killing me from all that walking.... Louvre to the arc of triumph

Good times

Versailles tomorow

Just got back from Versailles ... Was there a 9am.... So yeah... 9 hours... We checked everything....

Dudes... This place is gorgeous.... Highlights were the palace to the grand canal... And the queen's hamlet.... Amazing.... I'll upload pics when i get back.

Tonight dinner on a boat on the seine...

Am I good husband or what?

Tomorrow the Notre dame cathedral...the twin tours to fight the French white wizard... Then musee d'orsay

Will be the last day in Paris.

Need to buy souvenirs

Yep.

Today I saw 2 polIcemen on Horses.... Gallop after one of these not so legal sellers.....

They caught him.... Even after he dropped his merchandise to run faster...

The french officer cameback to pick it up... I took a picture.... Then walked up to him and causally asked him in French what deals he had available....

He laughed pretty hard

Then went

Vous les québécois vous Etes drole.

Anyways back to my room..... Dinner was awesome and romantic.....the only English channel beyond bbc news and CNN.... Is playing a twilight movie.

Fml

Went to see Notre DAme cathedral tHis morning... Was nice. Also la petite chapel le...meh... Then to musee d'orsay...meh.....

Resting at a cafe right now looking at the Eiffel tower...killing time..... Drinking tiny coffees

Btw you want to know why Parisians smell? Because they don't believe in ac.... Even in 43 degree celcius weather.

Tomorrow morning... Off to Barcelona.

We love Barcelona...

Yesterday we visited tibidabo mountain and had a nice view. A couple proposed 5 feet from us... It was awesome. I ask for their camera after the excitement was done and took pictures of them.

We've been eating real good here... Last night I had my first tapas and that shit is awesome and now officially I'm my need to find back in montreal . We ate it again for lunch in a small nice little tapas... It was just as good. For breakfast we found a place that makes home made strawberry creeps and juice mixtures... Awesome stuff.

We visited a bunch of places... Tomorrow we go to the sangria segrada and ciutadella park and the port... After tomorrow we go to gull park and finally to chill on the beach.

Looking forward to go out and eat tonight.

The tripadvisor app has been a life saver.

strawberry creeps
sangria segrada
I'm not one to make fun of typos (Lord knows I make plenty), and I know that we dirty foreigners have dirty foreign keyboards, but these two are just funny. I sincerely hope the creeps weren't too creepy, and I definitely intend to try and find the Holy Sangria when/if I ever find myself in Spain ;)

That aside, I'm glad you're having fun. But I'm glad you're a bit further away now, though. Since you got to Paris, we've had a heat wave; since you're in Barcelona, our temperatures have dropped by 10°C. THANK YOU. I CAN BREATHE AGAIN! ;)

Dude it's hot as fuck here now as well... My entire trip it's been 40 Celsius or warmer... I've sweat a ton.

So far tho... I'm loving Barcelona far more thanparis... Mostly because food is better in general and they be
I've in ac. Sadly, everyone sounds lame speaking Spanish.

As far the above..lol... Autocorrect on the iPad... Sangria...lol

Hey I'm sorry I didn't get back to you on any restaurant recommendations, but you seem to be doing fine with the tapas so far! ;)

Love that you love Barcelona! Whatddayamean everybody sounds lame speaking Spanish? We also speak Catalan around here, a roman language a bit more similar to French (but still closer to Spanish). Keep an ear out for it :p

Bumble, we have a heat wave right now right here, it's following Jay around Europe!

Bumble, we have a heat wave right now right here, it's following Jay around Europe!
Watch out or I'll draw your picture :p

I know you're in a heat wave too, it really is following that crazy Quebequois. Jay, how hot is your new wife, anyway? Clearly we Europeans aren't used to that level :p

And autocorrect: that's a perfectly good reason for such slips, and better than what I can offer. Still want to see the Holy Sangria Church though, I'm sure a lot of people'd come if you replaced the mass wine with some good sangria ;)

As for dinner: don't get your hopes up. For all the fame they have, the French cuisine really isn't as awesome as it should be.
French food is great
(obviously this whole bit is based on personal taste and not an objective judgement; and equally obviously it's anecdotal. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise on this sort of matter is fooling themselves.) I only meant to say that, from my point of view, there's a pretty decent chance you'll eat better in Spain than in France, compared to the price.
So far tho... I'm loving Barcelona far more thanparis... Mostly because food is better in general

I know I can come off as overly pessimistic, and I am certainly far more negative than I should be (I'm working on it! Ask my therapist!) , but if you manage to read past the negative tone and read what I meant to say instead of what I said...:(

Watch out or I'll draw your picture :p
That was... uh... autocorrect? :oops: I don't know how it slipped, I totally knew who I was writing to :(

Jay! You may want to try the paella (saffroned rice dish), but you'll most probably find the tapas to be so much better (It's a matter of personal taste only in part. Tapas are a lot easier to get right).

i know you're in a heat wave too, it really is following that crazy Quebequois. Jay, how hot is your new wife, anyway? Clearly we Europeans aren't used to that level
Check our wedding pictures, when she wants to be, she can look pretty amazing.... But sadly her hair straightener doesn't work, even with our converter and the ones in our hotel are shit. So she ties it up and has been going comfy style.

As far as the heat goes, it's been better the last few days... Either because this sad sack of Canadian meat has been dried up by European heat... Or I'm getting used to it.

As far as Paris and French food goes.... Well I was optimistic about Parisian particular but wanted to be a good husband and take the lady there. Now it's done... And French food is still pretty good and would have eaten better if most of Paris didn't take off for vacation.

We had tapas 2 night in a row... Tonight I'm hoping for some paella...like my mom used to make with arroz con pollo... Well see if we can find a place that makes it decent enough around port bell.

This morning we went to the familia degradation ..l thank god we were there around 8:15... We were20th in line..... By 9 there were over 500 people waiting... So we were ahead of schedule.... Hey.

Then we did. Few other sites, went for lunch on the ramblas... I just got some palates... The sauce is awesome bro.

Patatates

Now we're. Ack to the hotel... Going to chill...

Then round 3 were off to park citadella then off to port vell

Last day in Barcelona.... We'll be visiting guell park for a few hours.. Heard it is very nice then coming back to the hotel to use the pool on the roof.

We leave tomorrow at 1 pm local time and land in Montreal at 3 pm. Lol

We ate at a small local resto yesterday... The paella was amazing and I have a new love for patates bravas

Bravas are amazing!!!

Enjoy the park, it's really nice (well, you must be there already). And have a safe trip back home!

It was ok.... We want early because of report of shitloads of people... These reports were correct even at 8 in the morning.

Park was ok... But it was a butt chaumont in Paris.

Anyways, chilling on the rooftop of the hotel right now, with wifi, enjoying the sun and some sangria.

And fine foreign ass.

Mmmm

One more churros run and off to the airport for an 8 hour flight.

Looking forward to go home.

I'll have some pictures up over the weekend... Some with awesome sites....... And some more of jay derping in front of known locations....

At the cost of.... 10 likes... Yessssssssssssss......

Jay derping around the world

Oh. :( In that case I guess it's more like...a spiritual successor?

The point is that forum-member gifs are always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.