[News] Israel will never satisfy its lust for dead women and children

GasBandit

Staff member
You don't think that maybe it's possible if-- the sanctions are lifted, the air strikes stopped, and their lives not resembling a living hell every single day-- that possibly some people might not feel like blowing themselves up in a marketplace is such a good idea? Maybe membership in Hamas might just go down?

Like, you treat them like actual human beings and not animals, and they maybe won't keep responding to violence with violence.
As HAS been stated multiple times, there have been treaties on the table ready for them to sign that would have given them everything they wanted, EXCEPT they would have to acknowledge that Israel had a legitimate right to exist and not be attacked... and they walked away from the table without so much as a counteroffer.

Palestine's treating the elimination of Israel as non-negotiable means there is no political solution that will work.

I didn't say that would be a perfect and immediate solution. It would take time (maybe longer than 9 years, and I know the 2005 thing didn't last nearly that long) to let things improve and let the public opinion swing away from Hamas. And I think that's a better situation than it is currently.

GasBandit

Staff member
http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/07/2...gazan-journalist-says-most-gazans-hate-hamas/

So, apparently, Gazans are becoming fed up with Hamas.

It turns out that when people support or join Hamas that it's out of fear of Hamas, not anger at Israel:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...n-After-Losing-Its-Current-War-Against-Israel

So no, killing relatives isn't pushing people into Hamas. Hamas has the weapons, and kills Palestinians who don't support it.

But I expect this is falling on deaf ears.
Not that I don't believe you, but then how do "tens of thousands" show up to march in the funeral procession of 3 slain hamas leaders? Do they perhaps fear that if they don't show up they would be targeted?

LOL! Oh christ, I'm laughing so hard I'm hoping not to wake my wife.[DOUBLEPOST=1409798975,1409798936][/DOUBLEPOST]
Israel is currently over 8,000 square miles. 1,000 acres is under 2 square miles. So it's an expansion of 0.025%

West Bank is only 2,000 sq miles, so it's a loss of 0.1% of their territory.

Regardless of the size of the grab I wish they'd stop expanding.
Dude, click the link.

Necronic

Staff member
What's really telling isn't just the timing of this decision (right in the middle of a cease-fire), but who its targeting. This is the West Bank, not the Gaza Strip. The west bank is generally more stable and more legitimate, and has far less association with Hamas. This is an extremely provocative move. Its either punishing Abass for not standing against Hamas, or its provoking Abass to do something stupid. I guess really its both.

Why are they doing this? I mean, from what I can tell this settlement has been in a sort of existential limbo for a while now. There are already houses there, and they've been fighting (and losing) in courts for their legitimacy for years. Approving it now is a pretty bold, and arrogant move. It may only be 1k acres (which may not seem like a lot but is worth probably 10 mil undeveloped at least and can easily hold 5k houses), but its basically a slap in the face to the US and others. No more a crime than what Hamas does, not even near as bad. But worse because it comes from a real government.

Israel seems to make two points regularly, but fail to synthesize them to the obvious conclusion. The first is that Hamas is not a legitimate government, that its basically a terrorist organization. The second is that Hamas's crimes against the Israelis are worse than the Israeli retaliatory/defensive actions. These are both, I think, pretty fair statements. The problem is that Israel uses the second point to justify its actions, feeling that as long as their crimes are not as severe as Hamas's then they are in the right. But that's the problem. This line of thinking only works if they assume Hamas, like Israel, is a legitimate government and should be held to the same standards. Hamas is a terrorist organization. There have no standards, and they act like it. Israel HAS to hold itself to higher standards.[DOUBLEPOST=1409844306,1409843838][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.theonion.com/articles/palestinians-starting-to-have-mixed-feelings-about,36497/