Israel unrest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come no one is talking about it?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14494523

Last Saturday, hundreds of thousands of protesters took to the streets of a Middle Eastern city.

Demanding change, they were fed up with the ruling elite and said their government was no longer listening to its people.
But this was not Egypt, Tunisia or Libya. This was Israel.
If the Israeli government had hoped the street protests, which began three weeks ago, would lose momentum and fade away, it has not happened.
An estimated 300,000 people from different backgrounds joined the latest marches across the country.

Why hasn't it been on the news? Because both Jews and Muslims around the world have a vested interest in propagating the violence and they don't want peace. If they had peace, their peoples would actually realize the extent of the corruption in their countries.

No one's talking about the ongoing peaceful demonstrations in Greece, Italy, etc, etc, etc. Why would Israel be special?
Yeah, big deal, this is not.

Yet. Maybe it will become one?

Or we could get all conspiracy on this... I mean... It's Israel... and it's not in the media... and the Jews run the media... and they carry pouches of gold around their necks... PUT IT TOGETHER PEOPLE. :/

Yeah, big deal, this is not.

Yet. Maybe it will become one?

Or we could get all conspiracy on this... I mean... It's Israel... and it's not in the media... and the Jews run the media... and they carry pouches of gold around their necks... PUT IT TOGETHER PEOPLE. :/

No one's talking about the ongoing peaceful demonstrations in Greece, Italy, etc, etc, etc. Why would Israel be special?
Because either of those places are in the Middle East, and they kinda are covered as part of the whole economic troubles of Greece and Italy (at east they are here).

And I in turn asked you. You don't have any thoughts or ideas about why it's not being covered?
Sure, but if i talk about it the lizard people will know i know they know i know...

(lack of violence, Israel being a friendly state, lack of "scary" muslims required for the US to give a shit about foreign affairs, crazy republican race being more lucrative, your press sucking, white guilt etc...)

But what i really wanted is for you to actually talk about it in this thread... so why aren't you?

Nobody here was talking about the events in Syria, either, or at least I didn't notice a thread on it. The Middle East is out of fashion.

But here is an opinion piece on the israeli demonstrations. Seems like a regular, peaceful first-world demonstration, though on a significantly larger scale.

That doesn't explain why it's talked about on this forum... unless you're all secretly zionists... :aaah:
Rest assured, I am not. Wait that makes me an anti-semite, doesn't it? I can't win!

In all honesty, I could care less about the Middle East anymore. Nobody's wrong or right.

Yeah. I'm probably talking out of my ass here, but it seems to me that a person from an individualistic culture where rights are held in high regard, such as the western one, tends to place a great deal of emphasis on determining who is (more) right and who is (more) wrong when problem solving in conflict resolution, and going with that as a baseline. As it can sometimes get difficult to determine those kinds of things in foreign policy questions, most people either simplify the complexities of a situation until it fits neatly into a right/wrong scale, or adopt other criteria as determining factors (such as us/them, or interests-at-stake). Or stop caring and leave it up to their government to determine what's best, as they will no matter what. Nevertheless, good times can still be had when debating these issues, regardless of the participants' personal approach.

But as I said, I'm probably way off base here.

Status
Not open for further replies.