[Brazelton] isoHunt going offline

GasBandit

Staff member
Eh, they were fun back in the day, but I stopped using isohunt back when they switched off US access. That was years ago (2008 I think). Private trackers are the way to go anyway. These days I make my home at iptorrents.com and rarely have to look far for anything I want.

I am a bit disgustipated that the MPAA is going to have a payday out of this, though. I hope they are crushed under their pallets of money and obsolescence.

This has been rolling along for quite a while, it's just the fact that the xxAA is going to be laughing up their sleeves and patting each other on the back about what a good job they did that really gets me. All they've really done is to financially kill some people (and demonize a medium) to protect their interests, they didn't really do anything useful.

--Patrick

I doubt they'll get anywhere near that. Even if they do manage to collect some money, I'm sure most will go to the lawyers.

The transcripts of those court proceedings are infuriating to read.

MPAA: We seek 600 quadrillion dollars for losses incurred due to Isohunt.

Court: Can you provide exact numbers of losses or how you came to them to show why you are seeking such an astronomical result?

MPAA: No, we don't want to but we assure you it's actually much higher.