[Question] Is the vent dead?

that is completely fine, I was just curious. yoshi and I were going to use it one sunday to discuss cosmos and I noticed it was down.

GasBandit

Staff member
I actually did get on the vent a few times while it was up, but I just always had the worst timing I guess, because nobody else was ever there.[DOUBLEPOST=1396364403,1396364296][/DOUBLEPOST]Odd, I'm able to connect to both our old multiplay and maxfrag vents now.

The multiplay is clearly under somebody else's dime now, but the maxfrag one still has our Contests, D&D, Hal Nights and WoW channels.[DOUBLEPOST=1396364438][/DOUBLEPOST]halforums.maxfrag.net:3790

Dave

Staff member
I actually did get on the vent a few times while it was up, but I just always had the worst timing I guess, because nobody else was ever there.[DOUBLEPOST=1396364403,1396364296][/DOUBLEPOST]Odd, I'm able to connect to both our old multiplay and maxfrag vents now.

The multiplay is clearly under somebody else's dime now, but the maxfrag one still has our Contests, D&D, Hal Nights and WoW channels.[DOUBLEPOST=1396364438][/DOUBLEPOST]halforums.maxfrag.net:3790
Really? I stopped paying Maxfrag over a year ago.

Dave

Staff member
You can connect and see for yourself. Maybe they just haven't reassigned that VM yet.
Holy shit. That explains everything. There was a $24.30 charge on my card last year that I couldn't figure out. Turns out it was Maxfrag. We have a Vent until November 8, 2014.

GasBandit

Staff member
Holy shit. That explains everything. There was a $24.30 charge on my card last year that I couldn't figure out. Turns out it was Maxfrag. We have a Vent until November 8, 2014.
... was that only for ventrilo? do we have a minecraft server or something we also don't know about?

Edit - oh wait, that would have been multiplay. Maxfrag only does ventrilo servers, not game servers.

Dave

Staff member
I would have kept up the TF2, but nobody was using it. There's too many free out there to justify an expense for one used infrequently.

I hope to use it extensively in the fall.. once we get our hands on the 5th edition and get a DnD group going again.

it was amazing, life changing even, I think I need a change of underwear....nah, but gas was fun to talk to, I hope I get to play some vidja games with him sometime.