[Question] Is it just me, or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the covers for Palladium's Dead Reign series look a bit, well, "rapey" to anyone else?

Or is it just me?

In Sourcebook One, there are two things that, alone, might be okay, but together are just pure Squick. The "Beautiful Zombie" monster - it's an undead type that instead of decaying and looking damaged and monstrous, is pristine and attractive and basically lures victims close before striking. Okay, classic bait and switch monster, that's an RPG staple, I get that. Secondly, the Zombie Lover NPC. Survivors who can't accept that their deceased loved ones are pure monsters, or survivors who have grown infatuated with the walking dead.

WHAT THE FUCK, PALLADIUM?

I really thought they had gone under.
Not for lack of trying. They've got yet more Rifts books coming out, including an updated Vampire Kingdoms book, and a separate Rifts: Vampire Sourcebook, each of which will have info not found in the other. Double Dipping For The Lose.

In Sourcebook One, there are two things that, alone, might be okay, but together are just pure Squick. The "Beautiful Zombie" monster - it's an undead type that instead of decaying and looking damaged and monstrous, is pristine and attractive and basically lures victims close before striking. Okay, classic bait and switch monster, that's an RPG staple, I get that. Secondly, the Zombie Lover NPC. Survivors who can't accept that their deceased loved ones are pure monsters, or survivors who have grown infatuated with the walking dead.

WHAT THE FUCK, PALLADIUM?
The zombie lover thing is a staple of most zombie fiction. People who can't let go. Dawn of the Dead remake for example with Mekhi Phifer's character and his pregnant zombie wife.

That first cover has a perfectly good looking man to eat, but all the zombies seem to be moving in on the woman, stupid zombies.

Funny enough, it almost looks like the one in the bottom left is going in for a motorboat.

Why the hell did I read the blurb, think "I wanna see this" and click the link?

WTF is wrong with me?

People other than me played Palladium?! I thought I was the only one! Rifts and Heroes Unlimited, bay-bee!

That said, they've really gone down the tubes over the years. The last time I was interested in them was when they had Bill Coffin employed. His Heroes Unlimited sourcebooks, Century Station and Gramercy Island were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.