[Movies] Iron Man 3 Panel Comicon (could be spoilers, your risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date for Iron Man 3 release is May 3, 2013. Ben Kingsley is playing the villain, some guy that wears a bunch of rings. The Mandarin.

Thor 2 will be called Thor: The Dark World. (no date listed)

Captain America 2 is called Captain America: The Winter Soldier, should be out April 4, 2014.

Guardians of the Galaxy footage was shown, live action, with Drax, Groot, Starlord, Gamora and Rocket Raccoon. (I really hope they lead up to this movie with credit footage in the movies that come out before it)

In regards to Thor, perhaps we'll get to see the Mindless Ones? That would be sweet.

I'm not really a fan of Bucky coming back in the comics, so I'm not sure if I'll be a fan of it on film.

Ehh, I liked the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes lineup a lot better for Guardians of the Galaxy, which was Groot, Starlord, Rocket Raccoon, Adam Warlock and Quasar.

And the new Iron Man suit looks a little silly. Iron Man, with 2 creams.

Apparently Mads Mikkelson has dropped out of the Thor sequel, which kind of blows since he has awesome screen presence.

Guardians of the Galaxy footage was shown, live action, with Drax, Groot, Starlord, Gamora and Rocket Raccoon. (I really hope they lead up to this movie with credit footage in the movies that come out before it)
I don't know what to think of this news since I have never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Are they kind of obscure or is it just me being out of the loop?

To me, these aren't even the real guardians of the galaxy. When I was reading it, it was the original run that took place in the future with Vance Astrovik as the leader. I do understand that they wouldn't want to go that route though.

Now, is Ben Kingsley playing the Mandarin more racist or less racist than the actual character of the Mandarin itself?

It's a catch 22. Having an Asian actor play a formerly racist caricature or Whitewashing. Either way, someone could complain about it.

Now, is Ben Kingsley playing the Mandarin more racist or less racist than the actual character of the Mandarin itself?
Well at least Krishna Pandit Bhanji is asian...

To me, these aren't even the real guardians of the galaxy. When I was reading it, it was the original run that took place in the future with Vance Astrovik as the leader. I do understand that they wouldn't want to go that route though.
Annihilation was awesome, and so was the GotG series that followed, and as i recall the name was chosen because of the original, future team...

Also, their base is the severed head of a Celestial...

Space Marvel was awesome while that Civil War crap was going on...

Annihilation was awesome, and so was the GotG series that followed, and as i recall the name was chosen because of the original, future team...

Also, their base is the severed head of a Celestial...

Space Marvel was awesome while that Civil War crap was going on...
I actually liked Civil War, with the exception of Spider-Man's "coming out". I know most people were pissed at the characterization of Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic during that time period,but I thought that their rationale made sense, with Tony in particular doing everything he could to avoid the situation until the Stanford incident happened. Reed, well, he was doing what he always does. Running the numbers for the best possible outcome.

Plus, without it, we wouldn't have World War Hulk, or the excellent run of Thor leading up to Siege.

Of course, without it, we wouldn't have One More Day, either, so good with the bad and all.

But he's not Mandarin.
No, they are not using the name "The Mandarin" as the character name, but that is how 90% of the comic community will refer to the character.

I don't know what to think of this news since I have never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. Are they kind of obscure or is it just me being out of the loop?
Obscure beyond a doubt. Personally, the characters they have always had just haven't clicked with me. There have been good people working on the books, but none of the characters have resonated with me in the same way that say Spider-Man or Bruce Banner have. I really think that they are going to have to tie the GotG movie into Avengers 2 and the rest of the movies by doing some credit sequences to get people up for the movie itself, otherwise I think that we'll see the first real dud (box office wise) that has been put out by Marvel/Disney.

I actually liked Civil War, with the exception of Spider-Man's "coming out". I know most people were pissed at the characterization of Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic during that time period,but I thought that their rationale made sense, with Tony in particular doing everything he could to avoid the situation until the Stanford incident happened. Reed, well, he was doing what he always does. Running the numbers for the best possible outcome.

Plus, without it, we wouldn't have World War Hulk, or the excellent run of Thor leading up to Siege.
Thor came out of the whole Raknarok thing from the Thor books... it would still exist without Civil War.

And i didn't have a problem with the characterization for those two (not that it was consistent in the tie-ins but whatever), but with the fact that they spent 12 issues with neither side making any good argument for their side (JCM did better), and then Cap surrender because someone might get hurt... WHAT?!

Anyway, i came here to post this:

Desert suit?! Should have changed the red to green or something, this just looks off.

NI really think that they are going to have to tie the GotG movie into Avengers 2 and the rest of the movies by doing some credit sequences to get people up for the movie itself, otherwise I think that we'll see the first real dud (box office wise) that has been put out by Marvel/Disney.
Gamorra, of the GotG, is Thanos' daughter. That's the connection I see.

Gamorra, of the GotG, is Thanos' daughter. That's the connection I see.
They're going to have to sell that connection to the audience though. They did a great job building the Avengers team in the individual movies so they really didn't spend much time on their individual motivations, for GotG they will have to do something to make the general public want to see the movie. Unfortunately most "space" movies just don't go over with Joe Q. Public, unless there is an overwhelming reason to go see it.[DOUBLEPOST=1342375166][/DOUBLEPOST]I might need to clarify here, I want to see the movie succeed. My posts have a little of the "it won't ever work" type sound, but I'm just saying they will have some difficulties in the movie sell, not that they are not capable of making a good movie.

Maybe Drax will cameo in Iron Man 3. It's pretty unlikely, but he did first appear in an issue of Iron Man.

New set photo:

Source. I rather big the Iron Patriot look they've got War Machine rocking. Less enthused about the new Iron Man armor. It looks he shrugged and got stuck.

....Iron Patriot? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Whhhhhhhhhy? I Osborn in this? Cos...cos that would be cool then. Otherwise, it feels weird. I can deal but it still feels weird.

Oh yeah...that makes it weirder. Why though? Its just such a weird change. I can deal as long as the movie is good, but still.
Well, so far as I can tell, War Machine is the only super hero presently sponsored by the U.S. government. Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk are all independents and Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Captain America work for SHIELD. Avengers showed that Nick Fury is answering to a "World Security Council" as opposed to the United States. So War Machine, it would appear, is basically going to become the military's new "Captain America" - a propaganda piece in addition to a real hero.

Well, so far as I can tell, War Machine is the only super hero presently sponsored by the U.S. government. Iron Man, Thor, and The Hulk are all independents and Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Captain America work for SHIELD. Avengers showed that Nick Fury is answering to a "World Security Council" as opposed to the United States. So War Machine, it would appear, is basically going to become the military's new "Captain America" - a propaganda piece in addition to a real hero.
So....movie War Machine is the Bizarro Iron Patriot? That is what I will think of this character then.

Status
Not open for further replies.