Infant Costuming

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaykordeath

On Tuesday, we welcomed our new son! As such, I'm looking to get him rooted into all things geeky as soon as possible. While I'm not sure family Sunday at NYCC mid October will be wise, I would love to get him costumed at the very least...if for nothing else than for Halloween. Granted, this is more for my own enjoyment and fun than anything, but I'm looking to find the best (and easiest?) way to turn the little bald guy into Mr. Mxyzlptlk. Any thoughts on where to start?

On Tuesday, we welcomed our new son! As such, I'm looking to get him rooted into all things geeky as soon as possible. While I'm not sure family Sunday at NYCC mid October will be wise, I would love to get him costumed at the very least...if for nothing else than for Halloween. Granted, this is more for my own enjoyment and fun than anything, but I'm looking to find the best (and easiest?) way to turn the little bald guy into Mr. Mxyzlptlk. Any thoughts on where to start?
Heh, I love parent's that do this.

Before I go crazy making suggestions, I would like to know if you sew or if you know someone else who does?

Have to admit... the internet ruined me... I was expecting something completely different when I clicked here.

K

kaykordeath

Heh, I love parent's that do this.

Before I go crazy making suggestions, I would like to know if you sew or if you know someone else who does?
I have someone who has mentioned wanting to learn to sew...that's about as close as I can get...

Originally I was going to suggest sewing it, but..there is an easier way, I believe.

Oh, wait, I see two reference pictures for the character...which one are you planning on doing?

This one?

Because of it's this one I would suggest finding a yellow romper/footie pj's. Then get some purple fleece and make the add-on purple parts. The boots, gloves and whatever else you want to add.
Looking on ebay, there are quite a few mini bowler hats that you could purchase, cover with purple felt.

My best advice is to not be afraid to make mistakes or to jump into the project. :)

You could attach the hair to the hat in some way, maybe attaching it to the strap you'll be using for the Bowler hat on either side. I'm assuming you don't want to use spirit gum on your infant :p

Trying to keep a hat on a baby is tough. You might want to attach a hood to the romper/pj outfit as suggested by LittleKagsin and sew the hat and hair into the hood.

Personally I always suggest new parents try out a master blaster costume at least once though.

Personally I always suggest new parents try out a master blaster costume at least once though.
Well, I suppose you could rework a walking trainer to look like that hoverchair.

Ohh...wait. You mean the Mad Max character, not Kidd Video. My mistake.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.