In, not out (cleaning computer cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

umm..not sure about that thread title, lol!!

OK, so my left eye is red once again, however today I can trace that to blowing out a LOT of computer fans and some cases in my shop area.. I was too lazy to take it outside and I think it hovered around a bit and then "WHACK!" into my eye..

So tomorrow I am thinking about getting a specialized vacuum for sucking in the dust instead of blowing it out and around.. I was curious if anyone had used anything similar (I know they sell them at Fry's and Walmarts) and had any good or bad reviews? I'm not looking at getting a regular Dustbuster, since it has the wrong shape, I need something with a small round nozzle or attachables, so it's a more specialized vacuum.

M

Matt²

Cool.. since their page links to a dead link, I'll call or email them in the morning for a price quote, unless you know where I can buy one?

I saw a similar one at Fry's recently but I don't remember how much it was.

T

Twitch

Sometimes the blog thing works but this was a good question, I asked a random question just the other day and didn't get a "blog" response. Unless this is a new forum meme, it's 1 AM here.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Shegokigo said:
Which one of them is that directed at?

-- Wed May 13, 2009 10:05 am --

Twitch said:
Sometimes the blog thing works but this was a good question, I asked a random question just the other day and didn't get a "blog" response. Unless this is a new forum meme, it's 1 AM here.
Neon posted a very blog-like thread, wherein every so often he posted about the inanities of his day. It was very twittery, too. Some forumites didn't care for that thread and, being forumites, expressed that.

M

Matt²

Gruebeard said:
Shegokigo said:
Which one of them is that directed at?

-- Wed May 13, 2009 10:05 am --

Twitch said:
Neon posted a very blog-like thread, wherein every so often he posted about the inanities of his day. It was very twittery, too. Some forumites didn't care for that thread and, being forumites, expressed that.
Based on forum thread titles I was seeing.

The reaction I've seen from people like Jake is

Here's the attitude I see:

[Joan Rivers emo clone]
"Oh gawd.. that person I can't stand is posting! Someone make him stop posting! I don't like his posts! They are so far beneath me!"
"Waaah!!"

To those who do not like TNG's (one of the TNG clan) "blog-like" posts. Here's a hint: DON'T CLICK ON THEM!!! Hover over to see what the topic may be and then move along. Seriously, it's not that hard!

Edrondol said:
To those who do not like TNG's (one of the TNG clan) "blog-like" posts. Here's a hint: DON'T CLICK ON THEM!!! Hover over to see what the topic may be and then move along. Seriously, it's not that hard!
*Puts on bouncer shades*
You heard the man. Move along.

Espy said:
Edrondol said:
*Puts on bouncer shades*
You heard the man. Move along.
Wait, if we get out of line in these "Oooh, look! A fluffy cloud!" twitter threads, doesn't that up the chances of you locking them? I feel a plan forming... :ninja:

Soliloquy said:
Dude, Calleja, let it drop. Seriously. It's getting annoying.
That... was the first time I said it. You're thinking of someone else who was annoyed by TNG treating the forum as his blog, I hadn't been vocal about it till this thread.

And ed... AcidTech does NOT have the mouse-over preview feature.

S

Soliloquy

Calleja said:
Soliloquy said:
Dude, Calleja, let it drop. Seriously. It's getting annoying.
That... was the first time I said it. You're thinking of someone else who was annoyed by TNG treating the forum as his blog, I hadn't been vocal about it till this thread.

And ed... AcidTech does NOT have the mouse-over preview feature.
Ah, never mind. Sorry. My bad.

Calleja said:
Yup, that was the first time I've seen Calleja mention it.

And I only noticed because I'm finding it interesting that every thread NG posts, there's another new "please get a blog" voice.

(Although I agree this one wasn't a blog post since the man was looking for a solution to something.)

It wasn't just this thread that made me finally say something, it was the 100 threads and sudden feeling that the main page of the board was turning into NeonHalfGrueForum or something. There's nothing wrong with posting a few anecdotes here and there, but if you're creating 6 new threads about subjects like "I got dust in my eye" every 2 hours, you need to vent someplace else.

M

Matt²

Calleja said:
(Joan Rivers)
"Oh gawd.. that person I can't stand is posting! Someone make him stop posting! I don't like his posts! They are so far beneath me! He's POSTING! Make him STOP! "
"Waaah!!"
Thanks HCGLNS, I'll check that out.

Is that one of your legendary burns? Doing a Joan Rivers reference?

Oh. Yes. I think I'm scorched. Ow. Ow.

What are you.. 67?

If I was the only one complaining about this you might have a point with the bias thing, but I'm certainly not, so if several people are sick of you clicking the "New Topic" button everytime you blink, you might want to take a step back and consider why that might be.

Also, stop being a whiny bitch and reporting everyone to the mods. They're tired of that, too.

T

Twitch

I think alot of people here need to stop being whiny bitches. Scrolling down the front page there aren't even the most threads by NN.

That's cause they drop off fairly quickly, but a few days ago it was crazy, you could really tell the man was playing "click the New Topic button as much as you can!" by himself.

And all we do is go into those threads and say "dude, enough with the new threads".. we don't create a new thread to complain about him or, y'know, play "click the report button as much as you can!" like he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.