[News] in an uncharacteristic move: U.S. gov restored my faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, history has shown time and again that there is nothing quite like an external threat to unite a nation.

Call me cynical, but I agree with TommiR. This is probably less "the Internet should be free" and more "no one gets to run the Internet but us."

nah, I'll just keep voting for candidates that aren't war criminals (yet)

edit: also, nice implication that you don't have a problem with the United States Military using your tax dollars to send a missile up a 10 year old's ass-crack, ooh-rah[DOUBLEPOST=1354764411][/DOUBLEPOST]I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, SINCE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREE

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-aff...rejects-un-treaty-for-disabled-rights-in-vote
I think his post was more annoyance that you would bring up something completely unrelated to the threads subject just so you can whine about something. Keep telling yourself that everyone is against you though.

I think his post was more annoyance that you would bring up something completely unrelated to the threads subject just so you can whine about something. Keep telling yourself that everyone is against you though.
thread subject is literally "U.S. gov restored my faith", and I am posting examples of how the US gov lost my faith/respect/whatever

things I think are a little bit more important than internet regulation jerking-offs

Charlie, you posting for halbucks or something? What does capital punishment have to do with the House voting against UN control of the Internet?

EDIT: Huh, ok, guess that explains it.

Dave

Staff member
So because there are other things more important we should ignore the things they do correctly? I mean, China does terrible things to its people, but when they send over $30 billion in aid to Africa I'm still going to applaud.

thread subject is literally "U.S. gov restored my faith", and I am posting examples of how the US gov lost my faith/respect/whatever

things I think are a little bit more important than internet regulation jerking-offs
And you really thought that The_Khan suddenly decided that the US was fully restored to glory because of this one move? Either way, thread title aside that's not what the thread subject was about.

Dave

Staff member
Genital mutilation? 0_o I just googled that and I couldn't find anything.
Hmm. I just looked it up as well and it seems to be more Muslim and African than Chinese. Sorry about that! I could have sworn I'd heard of it happening there.

Charlie... you're an 'interesting' individual. a bit violent, but still 'interesting'.

I haven't heard of any genital mutilation in China.

Those unicorns on the other hand, they be cool like the sexiest man of the year

Depends on what you call g enitals. Mutilating secondary sexual characteristics used to be relatively common in China.
Then again, it was over here as well, just different secondary sexual characteristics. *shrug* :p

That said, I'm slowly starting to have more faith in the US government than in the Belgian one, that's how bad they're doing over here :p

That said, I'm slowly starting to have more faith in the US government than in the Belgian one, that's how bad they're doing over here :p
Faith, to some degree, means predictability. I have faith the US government will do the wrong thing most of the time.

A predictable bad government can be seen as better than an unpredictable bad government.

the United States proudly stands with these noble and progressive nations in still having the death penalty

The important part of that map is the key saying "Legal form of punishment for certain offences"

While I disagree with the death penalty there is a big difference in using it for premeditated & mass murder, and executing people for apostasy or homosexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.