Improv Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

There is a word for what they are doing. It isn't improv but I can't remember what it is.

Im getting old and my brain doesnt work as well now.

K

kaykordeath

I keep meaning to get on their mailing list and start taking part....

And why does this never happen when I'm around....I take the 6 train every day!

GODDAMNITSOMUCH!

How is this in any way 'improv'
Firstly, it's just the name of the group.

Secondly, most of their exploits are unrehearsed, requiring (wait for it.......) improvisation based on external events, each other, etc.

This one was more scripted than many. It reminds me of the coffee house loop they did early on.

D

Disconnected

The following is my OPINION and should not be taken as law of the universe.

Goddamn you people are sensitive.
Dave says one comment and you all sink your teeth like retarded bloodthirsty dobermans.

I know it's the name of the group and like puffinstuff said 'this is more scripted than many'. That's my fucking point dimwits. Unrehearsed does not equal improv.

Contrary to your fucking sarcasm I know what improvisation is. So what is yours? where does scripted end and improv begin? When an actor has a script of events and lines, then somewhere in there throws unscripted lines or gestures, thats AD-LIBBING motherfuckers. Planning to go to a coffee shop and loop is a scripted performance with AD LIB. A lot of ad lib.

When the entire performance is predicated on spontaneous creation, the process is called Improvisational Theatre

Improv and ad lib are two different tools at an actor/actress's disposal and should not be confused with one another.

Get your heads out of your fucking asses and off your high horses. I asked how is this improv to see what everyone's definition is. I will not apologize that my inflection does not come across here, it's a message board with text, how many smilies and hurr hurrs do you need to have a conversation. Settle the down.

Oh and Chaz, Phil calls them smug hipsters, I ask a question and I'm the one that has to drink your shit? No thanks.

Dave says one comment and you all sink your teeth like retarded bloodthirsty dobermans.

I know it's the name of the group and like puffinstuff said 'this is more scripted than many'. That's my fucking point dimwits. Unrehearsed does not equal improv.
Improvisation usually involves some preparation beforehand, particularly when there is more than one performer. So, just saying, you have a right to an opinion, but it's wrong.

Improvisation usually involves some preparation beforehand, particularly when there is more than one performer. So, just saying, you have a right to an opinion, but it's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but improvisation follows some strict rules, such as "yes anding". Accept the contribution from the other actor and build on it. It has a feeling of spontaneity but it is pretty structured.

Improvisation usually involves some preparation beforehand, particularly when there is more than one performer. So, just saying, you have a right to an opinion, but it's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but improvisation follows some strict rules, such as "yes anding". Accept the contribution from the other actor and build on it. It has a feeling of spontaneity but it is pretty structured.[/QUOTE]

It has to be, otherwise it devolves into just people yelling out random things. Or, as I like to call it, a political debate.

Dave

Staff member

Not only that, but improvisation follows some strict rules, such as "yes anding". Accept the contribution from the other actor and build on it. It has a feeling of spontaneity but it is pretty structured.[/QUOTE]

It has to be, otherwise it devolves into just people yelling out random things. Or, as I like to call it, a political debate.[/QUOTE]

E

Element 117

Get your heads out of your fucking asses and off your high horses.
You were whining like a bitch. You still whine like a bitch. You have that right, but getting all pissy when we call you out for not looking like Marsellus Wallace? No one cares, and the only reason we talk to you is because we like riding your mom while she's stoned. Sit down, shut the fuck up, and stop pointing out the fact that you are a bitch.

C

Chazwozel

Contrary to your fucking sarcasm I know what improvisation is. So what is yours? where does scripted end and improv begin? When an actor has a script of events and lines, then somewhere in there throws unscripted lines or gestures, thats AD-LIBBING motherfuckers. Planning to go to a coffee shop and loop is a scripted performance with AD LIB. A lot of ad lib.

When the entire performance is predicated on spontaneous creation, the process is called Improvisational Theatre

Improv and ad lib are two different tools at an actor/actress's disposal and should not be confused with one another.

Get your heads out of your fucking asses and off your high horses. I asked how is this improv to see what everyone's definition is. I will not apologize that my inflection does not come across here, it's a message board with text, how many smilies and hurr hurrs do you need to have a conversation. Settle the down.

Oh and Chaz, Phil calls them smug hipsters, I ask a question and I'm the one that has to drink your shit? No thanks.

Cool we broke your brain.

M

makare

Honestly I had never heard of them before and I was thinking the same thing. That it wasn't what I would consider improv.

Dave

Staff member
As someone who has done actual improv, the improv portion for these guys is the involvement of the non-"agents". And you can only plan things so far. If something changes you have to roll with it - which these guys do.

So yes, they are improv even though not every assignment is strictly 100% in that classification.

Dean Haglund (Langley from X-Files, Lone Gunmen) did a hilarious improv act at ValleyCon. He had all of us in the audience fill out littel slips of paper, which he picked up later an incorporated whatever was written on them into his bit. Rob wrote "It's not lupus", Connie wrote "You'll come crawling back to me like a bird on it's belly", and I wrote "I clean precious metals with my tongue" (a nod to my avatar). He wound up using all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.