I'm bored, I'm back, AMA

military spending could never exceed the amount of a fully refundable tax credit divided equally between everyone residing in the United States?
Wait, are you saying that a government should spend at least as much on its populace as it does on its military? Inconceivable!

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, are you saying that a government should spend at least as much on its populace as it does on its military? Inconceivable!

--Patrick
I think he's trying to accomplish a system where people opt out of their taxes going to the military, but weighted progressively (equally divided among everyone as opposed to proportionally by tax return).

I think he's trying to accomplish a system where people opt out of their taxes going to the military, but weighted progressively (equally divided among everyone as opposed to proportionally by tax return).
oh, no, not at all. I just want every house in America to get several thousand dollars for free if we're going to spend hundreds of billions on fantasy toys. Or maybe we wouldn't buy a billion dollar shitty plane or new bomb if we knew we had to give the filthy poors the same money. idk, I didn't think it through that far, my second and most easily digestible one is: permanent loss of citizenship and voting rights for all gunowners effective 20 minutes from now

GasBandit

Staff member
if it wasn't obvious, while I think that would improve the country, I don't realistically support that
Hey man, if there was a magic wand that would magically make all guns and bombs disappear from the universe and never come back, I'd be waving that thing til my arm fell off. But like you say... realistically...

actually, this is like my 3rd answer to the question, but ending the prohibition of all drugs and the immediate release of anyone in prison for drug crimes (trafficking, selling, etc, not murder obviously), and also a repayment from the federal government for all drug related fines, to come out of the defense budget of course.

Unfortunately that means that people in the military will suffer for it. They won't cut crappy programs like the F-35 (1.3 trillion and counting!). They'd cut COLA, housing programs, retirement and veteran benefits (again) in order to fund the repayments.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unfortunately that means that people in the military will suffer for it. They won't cut crappy programs like the F-35 (1.3 trillion and counting!). They'd cut COLA, housing programs, retirement and veteran benefits (again) in order to fund the repayments.
That's the truth of any government program. If you try to take money from them, they make sure it comes from the parts that will be most painful to those who need it, rather than any fat that was intended to be trimmed, so you damn well learn your lesson not to be all uppity and try to reduce any government spending ever again.

I'm going to throw in my traditional, semi-annual "let's fire everyone in Congress completely and ban anyone who has held the office before from running again or having any direct relationship with future Congressional office-holders, and let's add term limits" call.

Yeah that's a great idea. Disenfranchise everyone with a gun. They'll leave quietly.
Given how well the US treats illegal aliens (ie, non citizen, non voters) I'm guessing nothing much would change for gun owners, and since the gun owners aren't citizens elsewhere, they can't be deported, so they would actually be slightly better off.

Anyway, that's tangential to the thread...

If your current citizenship(s) were suddenly and inexplicably removed from you, and you were forced to choose between going to and receiving citizenship in Niger or Latvia which would you choose and why?

You can choose one of these three options: upgrade your computer system to something considered "top of the line" by today's standards, upgrade your home entertainment system to your ideal setup, or receive a 10 year free movie pass (refreshments not included) at your local cinema. Which do you choose, and why?

Describe the coworker you've least enjoyed working with - what about them made them difficult/unenjoyable to work with?[DOUBLEPOST=1446729298,1446728711][/DOUBLEPOST]What are your thoughts on the following skit:

Given how well the US treats illegal aliens
lol, somehow SOMEHOW i doubt you know shit about the plight of any illegal aliens other than what you've seen in the weekly standard or heard in church[

If your current citizenship(s) were suddenly and inexplicably removed from you, and you were forced to choose between going to and receiving citizenship in Niger or Latvia which would you choose and why?
I admittedly do not know much about either country, and don't want to research, but I'll go with Latvia since that would make it pretty easy to visit lots of places in Europe that I'd love to visit
You can choose one of these three options: upgrade your computer system to something considered "top of the line" by today's standards, upgrade your home entertainment system to your ideal setup, or receive a 10 year free movie pass (refreshments not included) at your local cinema. Which do you choose, and why?
10 year movie pass, eaaaaaaaaaaasy. Unless my ideal setup could be a huge addition the size of a standard movie theater with stadium seating that is probably larger than the total sq footage of where I'm living.[/quote]

Describe the coworker you've least enjoyed working with - what about them made them difficult/unenjoyable to work with?
Probably the COO that used me as a "fixer" and never gave me any of the credit nor money appropriate for the job(s) I was doing

What are your thoughts on the following skit:

My thoughts are: that looks incredibly obnoxious and not like something I would remotely enjoy based on the image and title, so I'm not going to click it at all.

i guess bumping this since I'm "back" in case anyone wants to grill me. I got really uncomfortable when like, it felt like 3 threads at once were becoming "The Charlie Show" and that makes me uncomfortable and also I'm pretty sure y'all don't like it that much either??? so I just removed the oxygen from the flame as it were and did other stuff until I remembered I wanted to see what y'all thought of Star Wars. But I'll answer any questions here. I didn't go through the 27 alerts, so I didn't intentionally ignore you.

What's your favorite kind of French toast?
This is of course assuming that French toast is on your list of favorite things.

--Patrick

Yup. Stuffed, raisins/no raisins, some people swear by using one type of bread or another (cinnamon swirl, challah, English, etc), fruit topping v. syrup, butter...so many varieties.

--Patrick

B

BErt

Wait, are we not supposed to put syrup on French toast?!??

Oh a question, ok. Um. You're put in charge of casting a "buddy comedy" - who are your three main actors?

Wait, are we not supposed to put syrup on French toast?!??

Oh a question, ok. Um. You're put in charge of casting a "buddy comedy" - who are your three main actors?
I'm not angered by syrup on french toast, I just like sugar more

*looks at Ghostbusters (2015) cast* hmmmm....

WELL this one, ONLY contingent on them doing a musical number: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Justin Timberlake, Anna Kendrick[DOUBLEPOST=1450586513,1450586417][/DOUBLEPOST]
coke or pepsi?

Jennifer Aniston or Angeline Jolie?
Coke, but I vastly prefer Dr Pepper above all others

I'm watching Friends for the first time and gaining a new respect for her comedic abilities. I'll go Aniston just for recency's sake. Jolie might be a better human being though.[DOUBLEPOST=1450586569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have a favorite ZAZ picture?

--Patrick
dunno what that is

It's a shorthand way of describing films by the team of Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker such as Airplane!, Top Secret, or The Naked Gun.

--Patrick
Ahhh. I think Airplane! is funnier, but Naked Gun hits closer to home/I've watched it way more times since I'm way more familiar with cop movie jokes than disaster movie jokes. I have a soft spot for BASEketball, and I've seen that more times than Airplane/Naked Gun combined, but I'm not sure it counts

Fake answer: An American Carol

and a PS, I'm really depressed they have turned into unfunny Conservative fuckwits

Do you like to travel? And if so, are you a resort or tent kind of guy?
I like the idea of traveling, but in practice haven't done much of it. I think I'm somewhere in between, I hate camping, so tents are out. I think every time I've gone to a weird city I've been able to stay with friends or acquaintances, with the exception of Las Vegas, which is always a hotel. I'd be open to the idea of hostel-ing across Europe sometime, which might fall under closer to "tent"

That would be so fun! I rushed right out of university to get started with a firm and looking back, I think my friends who travelled had the right idea.

If you had to choose between having work or home near a noisy place (factory, freeway, etc), which would you choose - work, or home?

Do you sneeze or have your eyes water up when you go into the bright sun?

Do you prefer carpet floors, or well done wood/tile/other hard surface?

If you could choose your career, except your first two choices weren't available, what is your third career choice?

Do you change your own oil or have someone else do it?

If you knew with certainty that you were going to die in 48 hours, what, if anything, would you make sure to include in your last few meals?

If you could choose your state's gun carrying law, but could only choose between everyone open carry, or everyone conceal carry, which would you choose?

How dirty is your keyboard/touchscreen/text input device right now?

Do you prefer large parties with lots of people, many of whom you don't know well, or small gatherings with people you are very familiar with?

If you had to choose between having work or home near a noisy place (factory, freeway, etc), which would you choose - work, or home?
in the united states economy you work at home and you live at work and you always have access to noise-cancelling headphones

Do you sneeze or have your eyes water up when you go into the bright sun?
yeah, i sneeze usually just looking at a lightbulb

Do you prefer carpet floors, or well done wood/tile/other hard surface?
carpet, i like being bare feet, and those others are usually cold

If you could choose your career, except your first two choices weren't available, what is your third career choice?
i don't aspire to have a career

Do you change your own oil or have someone else do it?
cars are mysteries to me

If you knew with certainty that you were going to die in 48 hours, what, if anything, would you make sure to include in your last few meals?
western medicine

If you could choose your state's gun carrying law, but could only choose between everyone open carry, or everyone conceal carry, which would you choose?
nope

How dirty is your keyboard/touchscreen/text input device right now?
6/10. i got some air dust cleaner stuff, but i haven't used it in a while

Do you prefer large parties with lots of people, many of whom you don't know well, or small gatherings with people you are very familiar with?
People I know