I keep seeing those "1 rule to a flat belly" ads....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.
Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed of time, same pissed of channel.[/QUOTE]

You're gonna get me in trouble for laughing too loud while Julie's asleep a wall away.

C

callistarya

Well if you all are fine with letting your bodies take the shape of the couch you eat bon-bons from till you die of cholestrol induced cardiac arrest. Hey, that's your choice. It's still idiotic.
Thus concludes tonight's Hyperbolic Overreaction Theater please join us next week same pissed of time, same pissed of channel.[/QUOTE]

You're gonna get me in trouble for laughing too loud while Julie's asleep a wall away.[/QUOTE]

I hadda chuckle too.

Well, hopefully by now everyone's gotten onto CG's train of thought in which, no matter how carefully or bluntly worded, Shego's not going to differentiate between the woman's little article, the people here expressing that different body types are okay and you can be healthy and not toned, and the Wal-mart aisle-sized thong-wearers dragging a wagon of Twinkies and saying she's fabulous.

I can differienciate just fine escushion. My problem with her is that she slammed a type of exercise while not promoting anything healthy in return. Which is exactly what leads to the "Twinkie Brigade"

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah, if I thought for a moment that this woman was trying to communicate what Shego thinks she is, I'd switch sides in a second. But what the hell, never the two shall meet. What's important is I think we all agree that it's good to be healthy.

More importantly, I hope that we all, in this community at least, have the sense not to take a non-professional blurb about soft bellies vs. firm bellies too seriously. She's not a doctor or a trainer after all, just a chick who doesn't dig abs. And yeah, anyone who would take her message to be medical advice, rather than a personal affirmation, would be acting foolish.

Yeah, I'm overreacting to someone saying "live natrually, don't try and better yourself".
Or, you know, don't have an emotional conniption because you don't have the perfect body being sold to you by magazines.

That's how I read it, anyways. Not that young girls don't have medical problems associated with under eating and over exertion.

T

The Key of J

Well I think we all learned a very valuable lesson here:

Regardless of what's been said, Shego will still only hear what she wants to and assign a bunch of fictitious and malicious intents to the person that said it.

This is how racism stars.

And rumors...

but the racism is more important.

Supersize vs. Superskinny is a British show about both sides of the spectrum that some people need to give a watch to. The nutritionist fella that hosts the show and helps the people on it (who looks an awful lot like Julian Sands in Warlock) is a fucking genius.

I'm fat, but luckly I'm not a woman! My round belly and stretch marks are perfectly fine as long as I drunkenly punch people in the face while smoking cigars and cussing loudly! Fuck yeah!

C

Chazwozel

i think you're wrong, Shego.

What I see is a woman saying "My belly isn't magazine perfect. And that's fine. I love it the way it is. And women might be better off if they quit striving to be like magazine pictures"

Her stomach is sticking out because there is a layer of fat on top of her developed muscles underneath, not because her uterus is pushing on her abdominal cavity to bulge it out. If she were to tone down to 6% body fat, you wouldn't see that, you'd see only muscles. She's fine. She's not unhealthy nor overweight, but the reason her stomach pooch is there is because of adipose tissue, NOT uterine pressure. If anything a woman's bladder will cause bloating.

C

Chazwozel

Oh yeah, the fact that what she's doing is stupid is somehow reflected on some hidden agenda on me?

:rofl: I assure you, I'm below the "man's ideal" on the chart in the other thread. So no, but nice try. I'm just sick of seeing thongs coming out of a size 17 and hearing "I'm fucking sexy!".

Oh and btw, a lady who doesn't exercise and just allows her body to shape itself, is a walrus. With curves if you prefer the term.
I... I don't exercise... I AM A WALRUS!!!

*goes off to cry in the corner*

Weighed self (which I do daily in the morning): 36.5kg/80.3lbs

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol[/QUOTE]

You're not a walrus, but I bet you're not healthy either.

J

JCM

Oh yeah, the fact that what she's doing is stupid is somehow reflected on some hidden agenda on me?

:rofl: I assure you, I'm below the "man's ideal" on the chart in the other thread. So no, but nice try. I'm just sick of seeing thongs coming out of a size 17 and hearing "I'm fucking sexy!".

Oh and btw, a lady who doesn't exercise and just allows her body to shape itself, is a walrus. With curves if you prefer the term.

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol[/QUOTE]

You're not a walrus, but I bet you're not healthy either.[/QUOTE]You're a Gerard Butler

R

RealBigNuke

I... I don't exercise... I AM A WALRUS!!![/SIZE]

goo goo gachoob? >>

Ah, seriously though, you can still be chubby and cute and healthy. Aerobic exorcise doesn't build much muscle, and a little bit of fat can easily mask what little it does.

Although seriously for the love of god get some simple exorcise into your life, skinny or no, or you're going to die. Not to alarm you or anything.

Is there some kind of Godwin's Law equivalent for when, in a thread discussing feminine issues, someone claims someone else is on their period?

Hmm...

Dave

Staff member
I think it's funny the last time I was in this thread it was 2 pages. This adds another item to the list of Halforums Hotbutton Issues.

The List:

Women's Health
Guns
Roman Polanski
Naked Wizards
Slang about Genitalia
Steak

North_Ranger

Staff member
Be glad you missed the steak discussion. It turned nasty overnight, with pictures of raw steak that were described as "dog vaginas" or something.

Now, let's all get back to discussing the cranberry days...

I never read the article btw, I honestly don't care. Personality comes first for me, sure I have a preference when it comes to the female physique, but it's broad and a lot is also said for presentation. If this lady in question is who Shego says she is, then yeah, screw her! lol
With all due respect, I've eaten bigger steaks than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.