I got Gamefly. Tell me what to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, if they have it available... seeing as how they just sent me the third game in my queue since the first two were unavailable.

Any good suggestions on games to rent out?
For reference, I have a 360 and Wii.

Also, I haven't played any games on console for some time, so it's pretty open as far as what I haven't played yet.

Does it matter if I've never played any of the others?

Should I start from the beginning of the series, or do you think I can just jump right in and hit the ground running? It doesn't seem like they all run together, but what the hell do I know.

I've already got Batman up next, and I've played Portal on PC (loved it!)

I'll have to throw Darksiders on there too!

What's Red Faction? Sounds like it would be an RTS or something (C&C Red Alert lololol)

I've already got Batman up next, and I've played Portal on PC (loved it!)

I'll have to throw Darksiders on there too!

What's Red Faction? Sounds like it would be an RTS or something (C&C Red Alert lololol)
It's a shooter and is terrible.

But you can blow shit up real good.

The Michael Bay of video games.

figmentPez

Staff member
Red Faction Guerrilla (don't bother with RF Armageddon) is an open-world, third-person shooter set on Mars. You play a revolutionary and you get to destroy a lot of stuff. It's an absolute blast to blow stuff up.

figmentPez

Staff member
It's a shooter and is terrible.

But you can blow shit up real good.

The Michael Bay of video games.
Who told you that Red Faction Guerrilla is terrible? The game is solid and a lot of fun. It has a few minor flaws, but overall it's a fantastic game. It's got an 85 on Metacritic, with an an 8.3 user rating. Both critics and gamers liked RFG.

EDIT: It's a little light on plot, but the voice acting is pretty good and the story does hold up well enough to advance the gameplay. There are a variety of missions and the weapons are a ton of fun to use. The controls are pretty tight. The graphics are decent, if not spectacular. There's nothing fundamentally broken about the game, and quite a few things that really stand out.

Who told you that Red Faction Guerrilla is terrible? The game is solid and a lot of fun. It has a few minor flaws, but overall it's a fantastic game. It's got an 85 on Metacritic, with an an 8.3 user rating. Both critics and gamers liked RFG.

EDIT: It's a little light on plot, but the voice acting is pretty good and the story does hold up well enough to advance the gameplay. There are a variety of missions and the weapons are a ton of fun to use. The controls are pretty tight. The graphics are decent, if not spectacular. There's nothing fundamentally broken about the game, and quite a few things that really stand out.
To be fair, I've only played every red faction game -except- Guerrilla, so my opinion may be skewed.

But I did say you can blow shit up real good. And sometimes that's enough.

I take that back, Just Cause 2 is the Michael Bay of video games. And worth a rental.

figmentPez

Staff member
To be fair, I've only played every red faction game -except- Guerrilla, so my opinion may be skewed.
Very skewed. When RFG came out, the reviews were astounded it was almost nothing like RF 1 or 2. Then when RFA came out, the critics panned it for abandoning the open-world aspects that made RFG so amazing.

You know, if they have it available... seeing as how they just sent me the third game in my queue since the first two were unavailable.
Be prepared for this. A lot of this. Unless it says "Available now" you will not get it. Even if it does say that, you probably won't get it.

Gamefly has NO algorithm similar to Netflix's that factors in your game turnover. Doesn't matter how long it's been since you last got a game from your queue, you have no priority. Once I even stripped my queue list down to 1 game. Forget what it was, but it was a fairly new release. Wasn't a game in its first week of release, but rather a few weeks old. They finally sent me the game after two weeks. So basically I paid for 2 weeks of Gamefly & no game.

Not sure why they even have the varying degrees of availability :(

Its a good thing I need to play so many old games then.. im playing Assassins Creed right now, and Sonic Generations. Looking forward to actually playing games for a while

Kirby's Epic Yarn, any Metroid Prime you can get your hands on, Mario Galaxy.

As for 360, I've heard Asura's Wrath is fun, albeit crazy short, so it should be perfect for a rental.

I didn't get to play Mario Galaxy 2, but I've heard great things and seriously the first one is the best thing to come out on the Wii. Twilight Princess isn't bad but it just didn't draw me in like other Zelda games did.

I didn't get to play Mario Galaxy 2, but I've heard great things and seriously the first one is the best thing to come out on the Wii. Twilight Princess isn't bad but it just didn't draw me in like other Zelda games did.
I played about 3/4 of Galaxy 1, but for whatever reason (life, etc.) I never got to finish. Twilight Princess never really grabbed me either. I did play Skyward Sword and played through that one and loved every minute of it. I'll have to add Galaxy 2 up on there, and Kirby, since I heard it rocked socks

Status
Not open for further replies.